Cheapest way to buy console games in Canada?

Scott_Arm

Legend
So, any Canadian gamers have ideas how to buy games cheaply? $79.99 CAD for new releases hurts. Other than buying used games off kijiji or at eb games, I can't think of any good ways to save some loonies.

Any places to buy codes that would be favourable, even with the excahange rate, or something like that?

Pre-order games during E3. Bestbuy and Amazon almost always have 20-30% off if you pre-order 2 or more games during that time. Personally I prefer amazon for their customer service.

I've been doing this for the past few years. I still have my pre-order open for Uncharted 4 that I made years ago before the price hike for like 40-some dollars.

Last edited:
Pre-ordering or just plain waiting for special deal days seem like the only consistent method of getting the price you want. Aside from that you can buy a game finish it and sell it as fast as possible to recoup costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly enough, Indonesian prices are slightly more expensive than Canada, by $5. Wonder which region has the lowest prices on PSN. I'm thinking the USA. Would PSN really let me buy games directly from a USA account, and how do they calculate taxes for that? Fake address in the USA so they charge to whatever state that's in?

you will have to buy US PSN credit via ebay/a.n.other source

So, in the UK I have a US account, I buy $60 and buy a game so it's £55 on UK store but I pay ~£40. The only downside is DLC is region locked so you need to keep that in mind.

I buy all games on their own accounts and do it all via PC, I setup an email address eg newgamename2016@yahoo.co.uk I then setup a US account with a fake address with very similar details. DO NOT ADD CC DETAILS! I buy credit off eBay or NeoGAF (recently bought 3x$20 @ $18 each) and then I load up the account with credit and buy the game.

I have done this for Mirrors Edge, I then can share the game with my daughter who is at Uni. Also, if we don't like/finish the game we could potentially sell the account on.

Back