Charlie Murder (xbox live arcade)

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Scott_Arm, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Scott_Arm

Legend

Tried the trial for Charlie Murder last night. It's a side-scrolling beat'em up, like Scott Pilgrim or Castle Crashers. I like the art even though I find the faux-punk thing really irritating. Looks like there might be a lot more depth to the game than the other two. The variety of combos and different moves looks like it'll be better.

2. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Haven't tried it yet, but it's supposed to have some dungeon crawler RPG elements too. And it's done by James Silva at Ska Studios who was responsible for The Dishwasher series & a few XBLIG game titles like I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1. Can't wait to test it out.

Tommy McClain

3. Scott_Arm

Legend

This game is great. Seems pretty long. Lots of tributes to other old brawlers. Good art, cool powers, interesting enemies and bosses. Loot and inventory management both work well. Controls are very responsive. In some ways it is better than both Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim. I can easily recommend this one.

4. Scott_Arm

Legend

Finished the normal difficulty tonight. Great value in this one. There are tons of playable characters and three difficulty levels. The scaling is good and the loot is interesting. I like the art, but not the music. Overall, one of the better downloadable titles.

5. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Thanks for the impressions. Sounds good! Have to check it out...

6. Scott_Arm

Legend

Tried the other starting characters and they all seem fun. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. Different powers and extra abilities for each. Lots of replay value.