CES 2010: Intel Double HD Touchscreen Wall

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this. Although the display tech is way cool, the application(realtime Twitter, Flicker or other news updates) is way cooler. Check out the first video. It's the better one since it runs about 4 minutes. The others are less than a minute each.

Tommy McClain

http://www.twitvid.com/1A623

Cute, but technologically not a big deal ... couple hundred flat shaded cubes with video textures and at a guess a couple of short throw 2K projectors for backprojection (okay it's a really short throw, but still not a huge deal) and a COTS IR "touch" solution.

As for the twitter/etc updates it's cute but way too busy ... a wall sized Chumby isn't something I'd really want in my home.

Also I think touch is fundamentally the wrong way to interface with something this big ... Natal would be the perfect interface (unlike with games :p).

it looks like a non-sensical tech demo, an expensive RSS reader that displays random images. It would be fun to see it live and touch the random cubes, but there's nothing impressive.

I would be more impressed if it were a Silicon Graphics demo from 1997, it would be less shiny and with somewhat lower res but would manage the I/O and a few thousand triangles the same.

it looks like a non-sensical tech demo, an expensive RSS reader that displays random images. It would be fun to see it live and touch the random cubes, but there's nothing impressive.

I would be more impressed if it were a Silicon Graphics demo from 1997, it would be less shiny and with somewhat lower res but would manage the I/O and a few thousand triangles the same.

That's probably because it it running on intel onboard's :smile:

Back