Catalyst 9.12 and 9.12 Hotfix

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Dave Baumann, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Dave Baumann

Dave Baumann Gamerscore Wh...
    Moderator Legend

Cat 9.12 has been released, but possibly of more interest to many is 9.12 which has a number of new features and also some important bug fixes. Release notes:

http://www.amd.com

Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 Windows release include:

ATI Catalyst™ support for DirectCompute 10.1
    • This release of ATI Catalyst™ provides full support for DirectCompute 10.1 for the ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4700 Series for both single card and ATI CrossFireX™ supported configurations.

OpenGL 3.2 extension support
    • This release of ATI Catalyst™ provides support for OpenGL 3.2 extension support on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series. The following is a list of OpenGL™ 3.2 features and extensions added in ATI Catalyst™ 9.12:
      • Support for OpenGL Shading Language 1.50.
      • BGRA vertex component ordering (GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra).
      • Drawing commands allowing modification of the base vertex index (GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex).
      • Shader fragment coordinate convention control (GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions).
      • Provoking vertex control (GL_ARB_provoking_vertex).
      • Seamless cube map filtering (GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map).
      • Multisampled textures and texture samplers for specific sample locations (GL_ARB_texture_multisample).
      • Fragment depth clamping (GL_ARB_depth_clamp).
      • Geometry shaders (GL_ARB_geometry_shader4).
      • Fence sync objects (GL_ARB_sync).
      • Transform_feedback2
      • texture_cubemap_array

We’ve also made the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix driver available (a little later) today as well – there were some last minute fixes, plus a few more features we wanted to get out there as soon as we could!!

Grab it now at: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx

Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release include:

Support for the OpenCL™ GPU component of the ATI Stream SDK v2.0
    • The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides full support for GPU acceleration of OpenCL when used in conjunction with the ATI Stream SDK v2.0. This feature is supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series and the AMD FireStream™ 9200 Series of products. For more information about ATI Stream technology and OpenCL, please visit http://www.amd.com/stream.

Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations
    • The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups
    • Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series

Support for DisplayPort audio
    • The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release adds support for DisplayPort audio for DisplayPort panels

Fixes for the following issues:
    • Resident Evil 5 – Performance drop during the opening cinematic
    • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 – Performance drop observed with a supported ATI CrossFireX™ configuration when using the thermal scope
    • Wheelman – Game freezes while loading the game menu
    • Flashing in various OpenGL titles – City of Heroes, Enemy Territories: Quake Wars, Riddick
    • Heaven benchmark (DirectX 9 mode) – Grass flickers and white boarders observed around the edges
    • ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series – issue with HDMI: DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD not working properly with certain receivers.
    • The desktop mouse cursor becomes enlarged at random when using Windows 7

2. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

I'm getting prompted for User/Pass on the Hotfix link. :S

3. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

Dave are you guys going to update your mobility drivers or are the 9.9 betas end of the line for you ?

IF its end of the line I'm going to retun my laptop and pick up something with a geforce. HP never updates drivers and some bugs are just to damn annoying for me to put up with.

4. DarN

Regular

Seems resolved now.

edit: I get a "File not found" error on the links though.

5. Farid

Farid Artist formely known as Vysez
    Veteran Subscriber

Thanks for the heads-up, Dave.

I also get a "File not found" error with the Hotfix executables, by the way.

6. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

I can get to the hotfix page, but I'm getting the same "File not found" for all versions of it. :(

7. Svensk Viking

Regular

Anyone noticed any increase with the HD4870? My computer always gets problems when trying to update drivers, so wanna hear first:p

8. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

My installation failed again with InstallManagerApp.exe running for a couple of minutes before crashing out and trashing my .net cache. Tried going back to the previous working 9.8 and now CCC won't start up. WTF - ATI gone back to drivers full of bugs?

9. Zaphod

Zaphod Remember
    Veteran

As with 9.11, the AGP hotfix (whose reason to exist is that the driver is not signed) fails to install (without the usual XP override box to proceed anyway) because the driver is not signed. Nice one!

10. Mize

Mize 3dfx Fan
    Moderator Legend Veteran

So we need both 9.12 and then the Hotfix too? How about pull 9.12 and give us 9.121 with the hotfilx included :)

11. fellix

fellix Hey, You!
    Veteran

Yay -- good job ATi! Now FragSniffer finally works with this driver. ;)

12. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

5970 XP drivers, most excellent! I've actually been waiting for those just to play around with XP again. :)

The 9.12 cats work fine for me in Win 7 64bit, no more blinking CCC and overdrive is back! :D

Gonna go see what the what is in XP now.....

13. willardjuice

willardjuice super willyjuice
    Moderator Veteran Alpha

Still flickers with two displays and audio. I think this has worked seamlessly for a total of two months since amd introduced hdmi audio on their cards.

14. DJ12

Veteran

Still not installing with newer Visual Studio versions installed.

This beggars belief. 9.9 worked after 4 not working versions so you'd think someone knows why they won't install. Please get that guy back on the case.

15. pcchen

pcchen Moderator
    Moderator Veteran Subscriber

I had this problem and later solved it with installing an updated runtime for Visual Studio 2005 SP1 (or something like that).

16. N00b

Regular

Link

17. DJ12

Veteran

I have installed that fix numerous times. It never works.

I am not uninstalling Visual Studio just to install these drivers

18. N00b

Regular

Do you happen to have a 64 bit installation and have only installed the 64 bit version and not the 32 bit version? I made that mistake trying to get WinDVD to work on a computer with Sql Server 2008. It took me months to figure out that a needed to install both, the 64 and 32 bit runtimes. :roll:

19. DJ12

Veteran

I honestly cannot remember.

I have a 64bit installation so I may have only installed that one.

I will try installing the 32 bit one see if that helps.

Edit: Seems to do the trick, thanks for the tip.

#19 DJ12, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
  20. karlotta

karlotta pifft
    Veteran

It has to be your DOTNET? May need to do the complete uninstall and get the latest from MS
    This version finally installs MS Visual C++ 2008!