Carbonated works on an Xbox Live Arcade toolset for XNA

Discussion in 'Console Technology' started by B3D News, Jul 23, 2007.

1. B3D News

B3D News Beyond3D News
    Regular

In an interview with the magazine Develop, Joshua Williams, lead developer at Carbonated Games, says that his company and the XNA team are currently developing a toolset for XNA. This toolset main goal is simply the creation of games targeted to the Xbox Live Arcade platform.

Read the full news item

2. Platon

Veteran

So this would be some kind of editor I assume and I onder if t would be for free or not. That is something i would really love to see for the XNA, so people without programmng exprience could still create games, allthough I am sure they would be quite limited in many ways...

3. archangelmorph

Veteran

The wording is a little ambiguous to me since it's not entirely indicative of whether or not the toolset would be targetted at independant developers looking to leverage XNA as a cheap, efficient and productive platform for commercial XBLA game development, or if it's supposed to be for homebrew XNA developers..

I'd imagine it would be related to the former especially due to the fact that MS are already offering GG's TorqueX to Creator's club subscribers, not to mention the fact that MS haven't officially announced anything regarding XNA and XBLA yet..