Caparo T1 (prototype supercar)

MuFu

Chief Spastic Baboon
Veteran
caparot106010ml.jpg

caparot106026vl.jpg

caparot106032wf.jpg

The first ever Caparo T1, the world’s most exclusive prototype high performance road and track car, will premiere at the world’s most prestigious motoring event: the Top Marques show in Monaco.

The ultra lightweight T1, which weighs less than 1100 lbs, is a British designed 2-seater which has been developed using aerospace and high formula racing technology. The compact Caparo V8 engine develops approximately 500 bhp and the resultant 1,000 bhp-per-tone power-to-weight ratio endows the T1 with an extraordinary 0-60 mph time of 2.5 seconds, 0-100 mph time of 5 seconds and 0-100-0 mph time of less than 10 seconds making it the world’s fastest accelerating and braking road car. It is also fast round corners with 3g braking and cornering ability equivalent to a Le Mans Prototype.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/caparo_t1.asp
http://www.caparo-t1.com/

Won't be too shabby... if it materialises, that is. The Monaco event was last Thursday so there might be some new pics/info floating about.

DudeMiester said:
When it's the fastest car around, you don't bitch about the looks.
Sure you do; most of the time the car's going to stand completely still anyway, or roughly as fast as everybody else on the road. Who wants to look at an ugly bitch ass car all the time, even if it can go really fast?

it's original, I like too the sparseness. maybe it looks like a toy, but afterall, it's really a toy. I like it much better than the average Renault turd.
you can look at it at a purely race/sports car. I guess it wouldn't even be allowed on roads outside of UK (where more outlandish things can get homologated)

such low weight, highly aerodynamical cars have me much interested in, I'd gladly have such a car, with less of a Le Mans look, 50hp engine and say 65 MPG or more for commute.

Sexy toy. Would surely like to test-drive it :)

Although, nothing is as sexy as the Devil's own vehicle.

You'll usually see it from this perspective, though just for a split second I suppose ;)

zondaf05_09.jpg

EDIT: it's a Pagani Zonda F

Last edited by a moderator:
NANOTEC said:
The rear is too busy imo.

The whole car is, so it fits IMHO. But you'd have to see smoke coming out of those mighty exhaust tubes live, it looks (and sounds) like a rocket. Awe-inspiring.

as this is quite about rare and unaffordable cars.. I'd have a Bugatti 35, nothing should beat driving a nice looking 80 year old car at 200kph :)

Shogun said:
It looks two small for two seats, where does the trophy girlfriend sit?
I was thinking the same thing.
But doesn't racing car seats usually have a very narrow design, shaped perfectly after your body, and not much more volume than that. In that case it might be possible to put a passenger seat right behind the drivers seat (very close), and the passenger has one leg at each side of the driver. Aren't those cars about making the trophy girls spread their legs anyway?

Given that it appears to be modelled around an F1 / Single seater (except with wheel coverings) then it probably uses the same principle as the two seater F1 cars out there with the passenger sitting behind the driver and their legs either slightly wrapping round and/or under the driver seat. However, I would suggest that the primary reason for having a "passenger seat" there is for passing sports car homologation rules and the design of the car is probably such that this is only perfunctorily for real use and probably wouldn't be at all comforatable / usable.

Back