Cant reactivate Windows 7

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
Some of you have seen my issue with my internal HDD.

So I decided to swap my old HDD with a new SSD. I reinstall Windows using an image, put my product key which is at the back of my computer (which I probably misspelled), my computer enters windows, but obviously it wasnt activated.
Which means, also many drivers arent activated including my network and ethernet controller. If I choose to activate now the damn thing asks internet connection to verify. Without internet how on earth will it be reactivated?

Have you guys encountered a similar issue?

You don't have to activate during setup. Can't you grab the drivers from another computer, install those, then activate?

The shit also doesnt let me install anything :mad:

edit: I get a strange message asking me to check if I am running on 64bit or 32 bit. I know for a fact its 64 bit and the few files I tried to run were also for 64bit OS

Last edited:
I used the command
wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber

It only says R580/R590, manufacturer Samsung Electronics

If it's a prebuild OEM system why don't you just google the model (should be on the case) and download the drivers from the manufacturer's website (using a different pc, obviously).

I doubt you've misspelled the key as Windows setup does perform some kind of check to see if it could be valid. You can't just put in some random key, the setup won't accept it. Anyway Windows should perform a full install even on a system that isn't activated so if the drivers for your NIC are in the default Windows 7 image then it should work regardless of whether Windows is activated.

Googling Samsung R580/R590 gives a lot of links to drivers btw.

Some of you have seen my issue with my internal HDD.

So I decided to swap my old HDD with a new SSD. I reinstall Windows using an image, put my product key which is at the back of my computer (which I probably misspelled), my computer enters windows, but obviously it wasnt activated.
Which means, also many drivers arent activated including my network and ethernet controller. If I choose to activate now the damn thing asks internet connection to verify. Without internet how on earth will it be reactivated?

Have you guys encountered a similar issue?

That's weird. Windows never tied their driver with activation.

You even can properly use unactivated windows just fine, complete with Windows update access.

Go to device manager, to the WiFi card, post the screenshot here.

Also do properties on the wifi card, then post the screenshot here for the right tab (tab with weird hardware ID numbers)

Back