Cannot delete folder

weaksauce

Regular
I tried making a hard drive to only be accsessible by the accont I use, so I messed around in security and it started processing it all and it took to much time so I cancelled it. But some folders got protected and I now need to delete them because I have to little space, but I can't, access denied. I've tried with the Administrator account and my own, which has administrator privilagies, but it doesn't work. I've tried changing it back to normal but access denied there too.

I don't need to access the folders, just delete it. How?

I tried making a hard drive to only be accsessible by the accont I use, so I messed around in security and it started processing it all and it took to much time so I cancelled it. But some folders got protected and I now need to delete them because I have to little space, but I can't, access denied. I've tried with the Administrator account and my own, which has administrator privilagies, but it doesn't work. I've tried changing it back to normal but access denied there too.

I don't need to access the folders, just delete it. How?

Which OS?
If XP, did you try the good ol' prompt? Usually works like a charm, everytime the Winexplorer doesn't want to.

As administrator, you can "take ownership" on the security tab. That fixes it.

Should be possible in safe mode too.

Particularly for an XP Home install (tho he didn't tell us), this is an effective way to go. You'll get the Sharing tab then, when you won't from a regular boot in Home. (/me had to do this one once)

I've got vista, and I get access denied no matter what I try. I figure I just move what I want left and format it.
(deleting in prompt doesn't work, nothing happens)

Back