Can we please please please get short words in searches?!

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
We desperately need three letter word searches for all the TLAs and contractions we use, at least in thread title searches. I had to search "Wii U" threads manually a while back, looking through pages of threads, and find myself looking for another thread just now with "CGI" in the title.

Some threads are created in that very tiny space between "fakk, this thing is really annoying" and "can't be arsed to create a thread about it".

This is one of those threads.

yep it was a problem for me too, having to search alternate words that would fit...

I usually use Google to find threads on the forum. The forum search only seems to give decent results if you pretty much type in the exact title. When searching with only key words.. well let's say that is why I'm using Google :D

Yeah, I also use Google to search for things in any forums since it give better result than the built in search engine in most forums.
Edit: for example, type "cgi site:forum.beyond3d.com"

I can do three character searches, but it'll take some time for me to enable (requires extra software + full re-index, which isn't exactly fast with our post count). Consider it added to the list.

Just a quick update to say that I built the VM that'll host the new search index this evening. If testing goes well for the rest of the week, it's likely that I'll enable it at the weekend. If not this weekend then the one after.

Back