Can a monkey change a viddy card?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Uhm, yes?
rofl.gif

Heh, unfortunately it's somewhat ruined due to the fact the monkey couldn't push the video card in itself hard enough to properly seat the card in the slot, nor push hard enough on the power button to turn on the computer. So they put in substitute hands, which unfortunately aren't the same color as the monkey's hands. :p

AMD needs better continuity directors. ;)

Regards,
SB

You sure about that? Even thought that particular monkey is quite fragile looking, they're stronger than you'd expect
edit:
Just to make clear - about the strength part, not the fake hands which were there

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, unfortunately it's somewhat ruined due to the fact the monkey couldn't push the video card in itself hard enough to properly seat the card in the slot, nor push hard enough on the power button to turn on the computer. So they put in substitute hands, which unfortunately aren't the same color as the monkey's hands. :p

AMD needs better continuity directors. ;)
Wow, you are good my friend! I didn't notice that but had someone tell me about it.

The monkey wasn't strong enough to push it in himself, just didn't have the arm strength.

You sure about that? Even thought that particular monkey is quite fragile looking, they're stronger than you'd expect
edit:
Just to make clear - about the strength part, not the fake hands which were there

There's a writeup at Dailytech that goes into more detail. :)

I suppose more accurate accounting would go into amount of the strength the monkey could leverage with its limited body weight. :p I'd imagine it would have absolutely no problems ripping it out, for example. But it might lift itself off the ground attempting to push it all the way in.

Regards,
SB

Good point, the card very well may weigh more than the monkey.

Digisan enjoys the mental image of the monkey jumping up and down pushing the card trying to use its body weight to leverage it and failing miserably, only to have the monkey get more determined and jump harder.

I liked how, to show happiness at the new graphics, they had the monkey do the... thrusting motion. :LOL:

"Radeon HD cards... better than sex"

I don't get their angle. Monkeys are clever? Nerds are monkeys? Monkeys endorse ATI?
Anyway, thanks for posting, but his was hilariously lame in a 1950's kinda way.

I don't get their angle. Monkeys are clever? Nerds are monkeys? Monkeys endorse ATI?
Anyway, thanks for posting, but his was hilariously lame in a 1950's kinda way.

You're trying too hard. The title of the video pretty much says all that has to be said.

"So easy, a monkey can do it!"

Regards,
SB

Back