Call of Duty IV

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Ah, didn't know that .. but still, my guns always have a silencer. It still doesn't explain why someone came around the corner jumping and ready to shoot me when I was laying still waiting for the round to end in a tie. Are there many hacks around? On PC.

US

2. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

Yes there are hacks already but that doesn't explain it right. I jump around corners a lot just because someone COULD be there and jumping throws people off. I'm one of those people who bunny hop and don't care if someone else does either, because everyone can do it. Did you watch the kill cam? Was the person already aiming for your head?

3. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

Heh, I do this a lot too. It's not hard to predict (after a decent level of playtime) where most people are going to be during any given situation. I often end up shooting (partially just for fun, and because deep down in my mind I expect someone to be around the next corner in a particular spot) and end up killing someone who instantly cries "Hacks!". But it is a totally different story if said corner-jumper was pre-aiming for your vitals before rounding said corner :razz:

4. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

i hate bunnies like i've never hated them before pc gaming. and i didn't really have a reason to hate them before.

5. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

I don't like online multiplayer so I don't even take that into consideration in rating this game.

That said, this game is still fricken amazing IMO!

I completed it this morning, already started playing through again :smile:

Graphically its a mixed bag like I said previously. Truly amazing in parts, great in others, just good in others.

Gameplay wise its great fun. Very arcadey but thats my play style and its done extremely well so its fine with me.

The story it a bit generic but the way its told, especially the more "dramatic" moments (you know what i'm talking about :wink:) are very, very good.

The only downside of the game is its shortness. It really is very short, but then its all of extremely high quality, and personally I would rather have 6 hours of an extremely high quality gaming experience than 20 hours of mediocrety. Especially if I can happily play it straight through again (which I can).

Bravo IW!

6. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

Again, infinite spawn checkpoints. That's so ruining. Still can't see how someone can consider this games SP over a 5 out of 10.

7. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

AGREED. won't someone please think of the children?

8. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Hey Skyring .. thx for your explanation ... and i've been called 'hacker' so many times while playing CS that I understand that not everyone hacks.

It was just an observation(from my point of couse since I was hiding) that it seemed a bit suspicious. I have seen enough hackers(being an admin for CS etc.) but don't know how far the COD4 hacking has come along. Of course it's most probably as you explained and me being a bit paranoid.

US

9. Farid

Farid Artist formely known as Vysez
    Veteran Subscriber

Infinity Ward's Community Manager made a new blog entry mentioning PC piracy, but also this:

10. SugarCoat

Veteran

A bit late to the party but i just got this. Multiplayer so far has been so/so. I've been joining the high pop servers and its blatently obvious that none of the maps are made to support over 24 people. Every 5 seconds its death by nade spam/air support or air strike. Very lame. My only other real problem with it so far is the Martyrdom perk, possibly the dumbest idea ever for an online FPS. Am i not suppose to curse when someone charges around with a machinegun blasting away one moment then magically drops a primed nade the next? :roll: The fact that 2/3 of your opponents probably have the perk selected AND the fact that 90% of the maps are the size of a closet adds insult to injury. The over abundance of death by randomly flinging high explosives really makes you appreciate what the devs realized for TF2.

I also noticed that Team Deathmatch maps really dont have a point or side objective, just run around the map in a giant circle jerk trading spawn points and retaking areas you were just at. If this is the future of online FPS i weep.

11. mito

mito beyond noob
    Veteran

Yes SugarCoat... That's how I feel.

I'm playing Red Orchestra lately, anything else is just too fast paced and unreal.

12. Jedi2016

Veteran

I was actually doing Martyrdom in Far Cry the other day, by manually throwing a grenade the instant before death. The guy I was playing with (friend of mine, we were just messing around one-on-one) couldn't figure out how I was doing it. Kinda funny, really.

13. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

I fucking hate martyrdom with an insane passion because it accounts for a high percentage of the times I die, hence I loathe it and despise it as well. Now for something of better interest: my ultimate equipment and ability loadout:

P90 w/ Red dot reflex sight
    Desert Eagle
    P1: Bandolier
    P2: Stopping Power
    P3: Steady Aim

This is what I call my Mobility/Ninja Class. Extremely light, speedy, and still very formidable. This is what makes me the best player in my bouts online (PC version).

14. Inquisitive_Idiot

Regular

I have been playing this game a lot lately, and I was just wondering what's everyone's weapon of choice?

Surprisingly, I find the RPD with grip, stopping power, and deep impact to be quite the beast! Over the last couple of match's I have maintained a ~ 2:1 kill ratio, whereas before I generally had a ~ 1:1.5 kill ratio. I think overall I have 1400 kills to 1800 deaths, but at the rate I am killing people with that gun I will probably have a positive K/D ratio in the next couple of days. In one recent match I got over 1500 Exp., gaining an entire level almost right after I had just level up (now level 35).

15. Scott_Arm

Legend

damnit, I want to play this game so bad. my pc is too old. I keep thinking about buying an xbox360, but the idea of playing an fps with the gamepad bothers me.

It's kind of sad. I have exactly the minimum listed system requirements (Athlon64 2800, Geforce 6600), but I have 1.5 gigs of RAM rather than 512mb.

#115 Scott_Arm, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  16. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

Considering I got it to run on my laptop which it's GPU is about equal to a GeForce 6200, you could run this and it'll run ok, which is better than not at all.

17. alt_nick

Newcomer

<necro>If it was during Sudden Death then UAV jamming is disabled for everyone.
    Took me by surprise too since I'm always a sneaky bastard.</necro>

18. pjbliverpool

Legend

I take it your mobo is AGP? If its PCI-E then you could just pick up a 9600GT.

If you are on AGP then your going to need a mobo, CPU, GPU and maybe RAM. Choose wisely though and you can probably do that for a similar cost to an X360.

I just priced up those components at £225 total on Scan.co.uk

That includes an AX2 5000+, AM2 Mobo, 2GB DDR2 800Mhz, 9600GT 512MB.

Its never been cheaper to upgrade to a high end gaming rig :grin:

19. Scott_Arm

Legend

Yeah, AGP. I was thinking of pricing some things out soon with the 9600GT in mind. I'd much rather play any fps games on the PC than the 360, only because of the keyboard and mouse.

Is DDR2 still the way to go?

Anyway, I downloaded the demo for Call of Duty 4, and I can actually run it at settings that are reasonable to me. Maybe I'm just used to low res gaming now, with my out of date PC and Wii.

20. pjbliverpool

Legend

Yeah DDR2 is the cheapest of the memory types at the moment and comes in the right speeds to support the AX2's and Core2's.

You can get 2GB of DDR2 800Mhz for about £30. If I were buying right now I would actually go for 4GB.

A £400 upgrade will get you a Core 2 Quad, 8800GT and 4GB DDR2.

EDIT: And yeah, CoD4 is definatly one of those games that benefits a lot from the mouse. Popping off headshots has never been so fun :D