Call of Duty IV Map Pack for PC

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by eezing, May 9, 2008.

1. eezing

Newcomer

I've ran a search today concerning the new map pack for Call of Duty 4. Specifically, I was trying to find an exact release date for the PC. Heres what I've found:

"The map pack will be available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the coming months for an unspecified price. But interestingly, Infinity Ward hasn't decided how the maps will be distributed on the PC, where players are much more expectant of postrelease bonus content being released for free."

-GameSpot 03/12/08 (two months ago)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callofduty4modernwarfare/news.html?sid=6187656

Thats the only definite information I could find. I checked the official website, and Bang! The first pop-up is an advertisement for the Map Pack.........for 360 and PS3 only.

So, whats the deal Infinity Ward? You getting soft on us PC gamers?

I really hate to say it, I think I might need to get myself a 360....oh wait, that's right, the damn controller makes me feel like I have the motor skills of a 2 year old child!

I don't know about all of you, but this is the type of sh** that really gets under my skin. Once again, we the PC Gamer, got screwed!

2. Richard

Richard Mord's imaginary friend
    Veteran

Hmm... considering the PC version sold like 4 to 5 times less than either console version I'm not surprised.

Anyway, I'd only be interested in this for PC if it was free, not because I'm a PC Gamer who expects free map packs, but as I found the stock campaign far too short.

3. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

This makes no sense. If they don't want to release it on the PC for free then simply charge for it as they do with the consoles. Its not like their going to get worse kudos for releasing a map pack that you have to pay for vs not releasing it at all.

My guess is they will wait a while and then release it on PC for free later. Not that I care, i'm not interested in map packs anyway because I don't play the game online.

4. SugarCoat

Veteran

They'll release it for the PC, they're just taking their sweet ass time about it since they know they wont be able to charge us for it.

5. Gnerma

Regular

My guess is that the day these maps go free on the consoles, we'll get them for PC.