Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (COD BOCW) [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Hope PC Players have plenty of space available, like 175 GB to 250 GB.

---
https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/30...tions-requirements-250gb-space-ultra-settings

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War needs up to 250GB of space on PC
It could take up an entire SSD

Activision has revealed the full PC specifications for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and the storage requirements are hefty. If you’re planning to play the game in 4K with ultra settings enabled and ray tracing, you’ll need to free up 250GB of space. That’s the top end of the specs, but anything else still requires 175GB of space. That’s a lot of storage, and for some, it could take up an entire 250GB SSD or get very close to it.

BOCW_PC_SPECS.jpg

This is requirement for HDD.

The space requirements are different for SSD?
Remember that on the console(well PS5 at least), you can choose to remove MP portion of the game and just install SP. Or Vice versa. I take it on PC, you won't have that option.

I am not sure if this is available on Xbox as well although I can't see why not, just haven't read anything saying it would. Someone will no doubt post something that on XBox you can also install select portions.

Remember that on the console(well PS5 at least), you can choose to remove MP portion of the game and just install SP. Or Vice versa. I take it on PC, you won't have that option.

I am not sure if this is available on Xbox as well although I can't see why not, just haven't read anything saying it would. Someone will no doubt post something that on XBox you can also install select portions.

This is available on Xbox too.

This is available on Xbox too.
This is definitely going to be an issue on all platforms using only SSD. If third parties are providing this flexibility for consoles, I can't see any reason why their modular approach shouldn't also work on PC.

This is definitely going to be an issue on all platforms using only SSD. If third parties are providing this flexibility for consoles, I can't see any reason why their modular approach shouldn't also work on PC.

I agree this is why I say this is HDD requirement. Same they can probably better optimized the game for SSD on PC too even without direct storage API.

250GB is a shocking waste of storage. Even the last COD was shocking in that regard, where the heck is all this data going towards??
It would be interesting to see a breakdown. Are they just using insanely highres textures throughout or audio in multiple languages? Uncompressed video?

Well the graphic chart shows "MP only 50 GB, All Game Modes 175 GB" and doesn't increase beyond 175 GB until you want to run at 4K Resolution with RayTracing, where it jumps to 250 GB.

I am still shocked that Campaign is another 125 GB. Even more shocked that 4K with RayTracing is another 75 GB, for 200 GB total. I am assuming the Zombies mode (not to be confused with Zombies Onslaught mode), is included in the Multiplayer only figures.

The campaign on wiki is described as having the following, which I dont see anything needing 125 GB:

Campaign said:
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is set during the Cold War in the early 1980s. The story is inspired by actual events and the campaign features locations such as East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, and the Soviet KGB headquarters.[6] Players can create a custom character for the campaign, codenamed Bell, with options for different skin tones, ethnic backgrounds and genders, as well as different personality traits that provide in-game perks.[7] The campaign will have multiple endings, dependent on player choice throughout the campaign.[8]

Zombies mode said:
Black Ops Cold War Zombies features a new storyline titled "Dark Aether" which expands on the original Aether story, concluded in Black Ops 4, while also tying to the main narrative of the campaign. Instead of playing as predefined characters, players can take on the role of Operator characters from Multiplayer, as part of a CIA response team codenamed "Requiem". Progression and loadouts from Multiplayer are shared with Zombies, as players are able to use any weapon to start a Zombies match, alongside Gunsmith, scorestreaks and field upgrades, in addition to returning mechanics such as wallbuys, the Mystery Box, Pack-a-Punch and past Fan Favorite Perks. For the first time in Zombies, players can opt to "exfil" the map, which will put them in a difficult wave with increased enemy spawn that they must survive before they can escape. Collectible intels are also scattered around the playable maps, allowing players to keep track of and unfold the main story as they progress.[11] A new game mode, Zombies Onslaught, is introduced exclusively to PlayStation players until November 1, 2021. In this mode, which are played within Multiplayer maps, up to 2 players defend areas grounded off by the Dark Aether orb, which must be powered by zombie kills. Sufficient kills will move the orb to new positions, forcing the players to move or die outside of the orb's protection zone.[12]

Well the graphic chart shows "MP only 50 GB, All Game Modes 175 GB" and doesn't increase beyond 175 GB until you want to run at 4K Resolution with RayTracing, where it jumps to 250 GB.

I am still shocked that Campaign is another 125 GB. Even more shocked that 4K with RayTracing is another 75 GB, for 200 GB total. I am assuming the Zombies mode (not to be confused with Zombies Onslaught mode), is included in the Multiplayer only figures.

The campaign on wiki is described as having the following, which I dont see anything needing 125 GB:

Wait why would RT add gigabytes of data to the game stored on the HDD?

The only thing that makes sense to me is lots of unnecessary single-player multi-language audio.

Wait why would RT add gigabytes of data to the game stored on the HDD?
I wonder if a developer can chime in here. I wonder if it’s because typically textures have lighting baked in them. And I wonder with ray tracing you need to strip them of it. I dunno I’m probably wrong.

Back