Call of Duty 2 best selling game all platforms in January

I find it interesting how much higher the next gen ASP's are. Typically 59 versus <40 for most of the rest of the games charting.

This should make a big cha-ching sound to publishers.

I am thinking at least at first next-gen will be, is, being used to command a higher game price. Eventually once the systems become common I expect this to fall. But at the least they can make more money for a year or two. Sort of like how CD's sold for more than cassetes for the duration, even when they cost less to produce.

How much will GRAW do?

I'm betting at least this 600K..but possibly much more with more consoles out and starved for next gen games..1 million?

Daryl said:
How much will GRAW do?

I'm betting at least this 600K..but possibly much more with more consoles out and starved for next gen games..1 million?

I'd assume UBI is hoping to sell more than 1 million copies of GRAW for the 360. The first Ghost Recon on Xbox sold just over a million copies, so I think they want to improve upon that number. Of course they won't do that in a single month.

Lysander said:
Tecmo claims they sold 700K units of doa4 worldwide so far.
http://www.playerone.be/playerone/be/news_details.php?id_news=5076

No surprises there but GRAW should prove to be a million seller. Like stated before maybe not the first month but eventually. Far Cry and Battlefield are a mixed bag in my opinion. If they follow to closely to their PC counterparts (and other console titles before) then although they will sell well, I think even with a noticable graphical upgrade alone wont catapult the game. But then again we are talking about the beginning of a new consoles life and these games should show a noticible difference of what is to come both graphicly and gameplay wise from the next gen system. On top of this right now we are looking for another next gen game and these should fill the gap nicely if anything. Oh yeh and Co-Op Please bring on the Live Co-op and dont skimp on the features :)

jpr27 said:
No surprises there but GRAW should prove to be a million seller.

It was a mistranslation of a Japanese article, DOA4 has not sold 700,000 copies. It would mean that almost every single person who bought a 360 in Europe would have to have also bought DOA4, since we know the numbers for the US and Japan.

Mmmkay said:
It was a mistranslation of a Japanese article, DOA4 has not sold 700,000 copies. It would mean that almost every single person who bought a 360 in Europe would have to have also bought DOA4, since we know the numbers for the US and Japan.
i know it's little bit hard to beleive(or i'm not saying it is possible) but the original report of "期ずれが発生した「DEAD OR ALIVE 4」の販売状況については、「発売開始後の2ヶ月間で販売本数は70万本に達しており、4ヶ月で100万本を販 売した前作と同じトレンドできている」(安田善巳社長)" statement means 700k units sold.

<nu>faust said:
i know it's little bit hard to beleive(or i'm not saying it is possible) but the original report of "期ずれが発生した「DEAD OR ALIVE 4」の販売状況については、「発売開始後の2ヶ月間で販売本数は70万本に達しており、4ヶ月で100万本を販 売した前作と同じトレンドできている」(安田善巳社長)" statement means 700k units sold.

Hey, then guess what that means?

There is nothing 'hard to believe' about it at all because it is an impossible sell through. It has to be either a forecast [expectation] for the financial quarter, or an indication of how many units they have shipped which may have been mis-reported by Nikkei.

surely those figures cant be right
"The next-gen console version of the acclaimed PC game sold more than 136,000 copies during the month"
the top selling game in north america sold only 136,000 copies in a month!!! (sure its janurary but)
eg look at this
http://www.the-magicbox.com/topten.htm
the top games sell 70,000 in a week in japan ( + this was a slow week, usually they over 100k a week)
the time perdiod is 4x long (1 month vs 1 week) + the population is 2.5x as large (japan 130m vs northamerica > 300m) all up it means the north american figures should be roughly 10x the japanese figures. sure i realise japanese play more games than the average north american but still somethings fishy, does NPD only have a limited sample?
surely top selling games in north america should be easily hitting the 500k mark a month

Back