Call of D∞ty Infinite Warf

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by orangpelupa, May 2, 2016.

1. milk

milk Like Verified
    Veteran Regular

The full article repirted trolly tweets from three diferent persons at dice.

egoless, Billy Idol and BRiT like this.
  2. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

it will be hilarious if MW1 Remaster got higher review and players in MP than IW lol.

EDIT; or it could make a scary precedent where Acvition got more reason to make more remasters.

3. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

Those tweets are pretty unprofessional. But simultaneously if you're gonna talk smack I better melt when I see BF5 this Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milk likes this.
  4. Clukos

Clukos Bloodborne 2 when?
    Veteran Newcomer

MW remaster screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shoujoboy, Malo and orangpelupa like this.
  5. Gitaroo

Veteran

looks like the graphics is of the franchise is going backward to me, Advance Warfare stills looks and runs the best then blops 3 and now this looks like a cross gen port.

RenegadeRocks likes this.
  6. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

Advanced warfare use the most advanced iteration of IW engine I read an interview somewhere ages ago.

Basically it's like this

Latest = sledgehammer
    A bit old = treyarch
    Really old = IW

Maybe it's because their 3 years concurrent development cycle?

They work while other are working so new engine update only can be pushed on the next project.

But by the time IW did that, IW already a couple cycle late.

7. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

After CoD: World at War (which was fine in my opinion), I was no longer convinced by any CoD game. This looks like every year. No innovation. The graphics is even worse than from the CoD game two years ago. For me this is an extreme overvalued series like Uncharted. Luckily Uncharted 4 will be much better than the previous games.

The material which DICE will show us on Friday, will be for shure much more spectacular.

8. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

It's not exactly fair to compare COD games to BF games, the former runs 1080/60 on a PS4 while the latter is vomiting 900/60. There are pros and cons and it would be just as easy for IW to rebuttal the same to Dice regarding the poor res on consoles. On pc sure Dice might have a point but in console space they're a long shot from claiming superiority. Watch the next BF game to be 900/60 and 720/60 all over again:roll:

milk likes this.
  9. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

If the ps4 Neo is real then we might have BF5 running at 1080p/60 on it.
    Ans surely the New cod should benefit from it too.

ultragpu likes this.
  10. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

I have something else to add. The games from Infinity Ward had the worst sound from all CoDs. And I even think that the other CoDs have a really bad sound.

Activision is incredibly successful and they invest little into the development.

Phil likes this.
  11. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

all call of duty series have bad positional audio. CoD by Treyarch have the most bombastic sound.

CoD series also have the habbit of using ambiance battle audio streamed just like music stream. So its in stereo, without proper positional.

Jupiter likes this.
  12. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Remaster looks nice, rest is just COD.

I am sure remaster will go on sale separately later, has to.....but Activision will put a hefty price tag on it. COD 4 was the most "wow" COD ever, no wonder everyone is so happy about it coming back......and the last COD to have the uniform vs uniform WAR scenario, which is what I loved about COD1,2 and 4. I lost interest when they went "Swat vs Terrorists" in MW2 and onwards. I lost interest in BF too when they brough "Hardline" in. I like War games, anything with crooks and terrorsits without army fatigues just doesn't appeal.

Still waiting for the "Next-gen" war shooter ! Where I can feel the blood and bullets like I could in KZ2, honestly. I want that next level of visual density in a War game.

13. Phil

Phil wipEout bastard
    Veteran

God damnit, not another futuristic shooter AGAIN. I am going mad here. After spilling my heart out in the CoD:Black Ops topic (the latest one) and hating the futuristic science fiction super human hyper crap-tastic gameplay, I was thinking.. yeah, right, InfinityWard will suuuuurlely set it right and their next one is just right around the corner *premature fist pump in the air*............. and then I wake up to this trailer. OMFG.

just... *lost for words*

London-boy likes this.
  14. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

I heard Titanfall 2 is set in WW2. There's hope.

RenegadeRocks and orangpelupa like this.
  15. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

Lets see if it is a futuristic shooter or not. If there is no innovation it would just be a shooter with a futuristic skin. No futuritsic gameplay etc. The skin is relatively unimportant.

But I read some good things where they say the player can fly from a planet to his/a bigger ship/carrier in space. Where a crew awaits you.

"According to Minkoff, Infinite Warfare will offer a seamless experience in which players are fully invested in not only their character, but also their vehicle. "It's kind of the Top Gun fantasy," he explained, noting that "it's your fighter that you get to upgrade and customize. You get to walk along the flight deck and have the flight crew preparing it for you and saluting you and you get into it and you fly out into these crazy missions that you chose to go to."

Instead of fragmenting the game by shoehorning in vehicle sequences, "they are seamlessly woven into the fiction of the character and the mechanics of the game," providing an experience that Minkoff described as being "completely holistic."

In this way, "you can be boots on ground, fighting through the streets of a city on earth, call down your Jackal, get into it, fly up through the atmosphere, engage in a dogfight over the orbit of earth, finish that dogfight, land on the deck of the carrier, get into the carrier, go up to the bridge, and order your ship to go to the next mission and all of it happens seamlessly with no loading screens.""

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05...-gun-fantasy-in-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare

RenegadeRocks and Shoujoboy like this.
  16. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

It sounds interesting. I liked Advanced Warfare, which wasn't too futuristic, but I'm not a fan of any the Black Ops games and I'm up to here with space marine games. I struggled through Halo 5, it's a just a tired genre.

I want an investment in my games. It doesn't even have to be much - Far Cry Primal's basic village building did it for me. But investment in a vehicle? Hmmm..

17. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

oh Vuture Vorld Warfare 2.

London-boy likes this.
  18. Shoujoboy

Newcomer

Is it me or is COD looking less and less like COD every year ?
    I half expect to see Spartans in the trailer for COD 2017.

Also, I believe DICE can back up the tough talk.
    Did you all collectively forget their last release ?

19. upnorthsox

Veteran

Vikings!!!!!

Shoujoboy likes this.
  20. fearsomepirate

fearsomepirate Dinosaur Hunter
    Veteran

I can't really do this new era of exo-suits and everything moving at 800 mph. I just couldn't do AW. Besides, it seems that hitting adulthood has left me with little time to roll with a clan, which otherwise leaves me at the mercy of randoms who as, we all know, treat map objectives with the same disinterest with which a cat treats an expensive toy you bought for it.

Might get it for the COD4 remaster, though.