C# OpenGL Framework for .NET 2.0

devdept

Newcomer
pro_ed_small.jpg

What is C# OpenGL Framework?

C# OpenGL Framework is a interactive 3D Graphics application entirely written in C# (no unsafe code, no external assemblies or dlls). It features all the common 3D graphics commands found in commercial products.

Why should I be interested in C# OpenGL Framework?

If you dream to develop your own 3D Graphics application, such as CAD/CAM/CAE, Entertainment, Medical Imaging, Virtual Reality, etc. and don't want to loose time with zoom/pan/rotate, selection, shadows, import/export. you need C# OpenGL Framework. With C# OpenGL Framework you start from a source code that already implements all those basic features.

What IDE should I use to start working on C# OpenGL Framework?

C# OpenGL Framework is developed and maintained using Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition that can be download for free here :D.
The source code is delivered as a zipped Microsoft Visual Studio solution.

Give it a try: :oops: http://www.csharpopenglframework.com :oops:

Hi All,

I answer to all in one post

• There is a big difference with Tao. Tao is 'simply' an OpenGL binding, so a function mapping between opengl32.dll and the C# language. C# OpenGL Framework features a lot of standard 3D commands already implemented, like ZPR, Imaging, Export to DXF/IGES, etc. Take a look to the feature list: http://www.csharpopenglframework.com/compare_editions.html :oops:

• Sure that we use opengl32.dll, but without any DLL in the middle like Tao does.

• Yes, we develop and mantain C# OpenGL Framework using MS Visual C# 2005 Express Edition, and - as you probably know - it is free. :D

It looks like a very good product if you are just starting out however I doubt that those who have already established a framework are going to throw it away just to be able to get a very slight increase in performance due to executing a bit less code than Tao.

99% of the performance onus will be on the algorithms used.

Back