C&C generals, Democoder please post...

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Saem, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Saem

Veteran

Just wondering what peoples impressions of the game are from the beta they released via fileplanet.

I've heard good things about the graphics, but what about the rest.

2. DemoCoder

Veteran

I love it. Can't wait for full game/singleplayer.

Basically, if you like other C&C/RA games, you'll like this. It's essentially those games, but with better graphics and real world weapons. The super weapons actually aren't as powerful as the older games. Believe it or not, you can easily survive a WMD attack because your base is much more spread out than the older games, and the WMD weapons are more localized. The super weapons in C&C are really just a prelude to soften up the enemy before a major conventional assault.

The game is very balanced except for one small imbalance with the USA humvee (you can cheese with it by loading it up with rocket troopers and it can run so fast that no one can target it, but it can deliver a steady stream of rockets from RPG guys in it). They should change it so that only rangers with normal machine guns can fire while moving, or that it has to stop to allow the RPG guys to fire.

I knew I would love this game when I called in a Fuel Air Bomb B52 strike, A10 strike, and drop paratroopers in an enemy base. The full game has carpet bombing, ship launched cruise missiles, etc

3. Saem

Veteran

Wow, sounds great.

As for the Humvee balance issue, you could simply make the rockets really inaccurate, because the jeep would be jumping about and compensating for movement would be hard.

4. Windfire

Regular

I sure hope CC:Generals is as good as it appears. I was disapointed with Warcraft III.

To be honest, I think my favorite RTS game of all time is Total Annihilation plus it's add-ons. What an awesome RTS! MS's Age of Empires II was/is my second favorite.

I'm hoping CC:Generals will revive this genre for me.