Burnout for 360...

LunchBox

Regular
I just bought it and played it for a few minutes... Quite frankly, it's not worth the 60 dollars I paid for it.

nintenho said:
How about the online?
Honestly I havent checked out the online part yet... I'm still butt-hurt from believing a review I read about how much more "next gen" this title was compared to the other version(s) of this game, but, it's not. All I got was "another" copy of the xbox version... aside from the ps2 version that I also own...

LunchBox said:
Honestly I havent checked out the online part yet... I'm still butt-hurt from believing a review I read about how much more "next gen" this title was compared to the other version(s) of this game, but, it's not. All I got was "another" copy of the xbox version... aside from the ps2 version that I also own...
Well...there's better damage modeling! I heard that the online was given a whole bunch of new features though.

I've always considered BO series to be very shallow. In this day and age games like Burnout and Ridgeracer just doesn't cut it IMO. After the initial wow factor of seeing car crashes in slowmotion, it gets pretty boring.

NANOTEC said:
I've always considered BO series to be very shallow. In this day and age games like Burnout and Ridgeracer just doesn't cut it IMO. After the initial wow factor of seeing car crashes in slowmotion, it gets pretty boring.
It's supposed to be a nice arcadey pick-up-and-play type of game. I really wish they made a PC version though!

IGN review

hmmm I may need to pick this up.... 9.0 for graphics, supposedly it looks pretty danged good in HD. :D

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/693/693926p1.html

8.0 Presentation
Acceptable load times, you can't button-through those menus fast enough, but vibrant, high-def menus are fun to look at.
9.0 Graphics
A high-def, mind-numbing feast for the eyes that looks as good as any racing title on the 360. :oops:
9.5 Sound
Crank it up. Reverberating explosions and one of the best licensed soundtracks around.
9.0 Gameplay
Who needs guns? This is true vehicular combat with a perfect mix of white-knuckle speed and racing.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
Live Revenge and Save and Share are drops in the bucket when you look at the extensive World Tour and online and multiplayer modes. You may never finish this game, unless you finished it on Xbox.
Great OVERALL

LunchBox said:

What reviews are you reading exactly?

IGN said:
Burnout Revenge is a game ahead of its time and, as such, belongs here in the next generation. EA loses a few points because this title was released last year on current-gen consoles and doesn't add much in the innovation category. But Burnout Revenge proves you can successfully take a current-gen game and port it into a great next-generation experience. This is, of course, something we don't want to see made into a trend, and it's still difficult to recommend a purchase to anyone that already owns the current-gen title....

Gamespot said:
While Burnout Revenge might not have enough new stuff in it to drag you back in if you've been playing it on other platforms, this is definitely the version to get if you're shopping around. It delivers solid, fast action, both online and off, and is easily the fastest, most exciting racing game available on the Xbox 360.

1up said:
It's true that $60 is a substantial amount of money. So, conditional questions call for conditional answers.

People who have played the current-gen version should get the 360 version if:

They didn't play it to completion, but wanted to.
They played it to completion, but love Burnout a lot.
They have a nice HDTV and stereo system.
They are addicted to achievement points and playing on Live.
People who haven't played the current-gen version should get the 360 version if:
They are breathing.

Gamespy said:
If you've already played the crap out of the PS2 or Xbox versions of Revenge, then the new online tweaks and overall spit and polish might not be enough to make you want to do it all over again. On the other hand, if you've never played Revenge before, you absolutely need to get it.

EDIT: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Third Party Developers perpetuate bad things when they stretch their dollar not only cross-platform, but also (to ice the cake) cross-generation. Casual gamers will buy and buy this crap forever...but their is a saturation point, and thus, a plateau. The market will not grow past this point unless new and exciting IPs are introduced IMO.

ROG27 said:
Third Party Developers perpetuate bad things when they stretch their dollar not only cross-platform, but also (to ice the cake) cross-generation. Casual gamers will buy and buy this crap forever...but their is a saturation point, and thus, a plateau. The market will not grow past this point unless new and exciting IPs are introduced IMO.

I have no problem with this or FN3. I htink they both look great, and play great. I odnt think that cross-platform in and of itself is evil, just developers that try to push crap on us. I dont think theyve done that with burnout, and i dont think anyone should blame developers for buying the same game twice, especially with allt he resources available online to help make that decision.

Back