Burnout 5

I thought X360 can output 1080p in component aswell? or is my sarcasm detector buried 6 feet under :|

I liked that 1080p comment also :LOL: funny stuff...

I thought X360 can output 1080p in component aswell? or is my sarcasm detector buried 6 feet under :|

I liked that 1080p comment also :LOL: funny stuff...

it does, but i can hardly find tvs that support 1080p via component... don't know why manufacturers don't do it :mad:

Yeah, and 1080p over VGA just isn't possible on the PS3 at this point either, but they could target that option on the 360 if they choose to. :rolleyes:

Many 1080P HDTV do not have VGA ports and some that do don't support 1080P. I think the idea was 1080P via HDMI is a standard, the other analog connections are hit and miss with various manufactures.

hmm

I'm curious how this game is going to turn out given Criterion's comments. They did amazing things with ps2 v xbox last gen and while I wouldn't call their efforts on xb underperforming, it didn't seem they went to any great length to push the machine to it's limits unlike ps2 which saw amazing results in games like Black which truly outclassed much of what was available on ps2. They seem to again be aiming for the cutting edge on ps3 with pushing it's featureset to the limit. I hope xb360 get's some love as well from these guys as they're clearly capable of getting top notch performance.

But after comments like that ^ ... color me skeptical.

Yes, the 360 supports 1080p over component, and the PS3 does as well. I was simply contrasting the "1080p over HDMI, for instance, just isn't possible on the 360" with the fact that VGA output isn't possible on the PS3 but that doesn't limit either console from being able to output 1080p.
Many 1080P HDTV do not have VGA ports and some that do don't support 1080P.

And many do as well, while many don't have HDMI ports or do but ones that don't accept over 1080i
I think the idea was 1080P via HDMI is a standard, the other analog connections are hit and miss with various manufactures.
HDMI is pretty much standard at this point, but 1080p input is still hit and miss with both digital and analog connections. I think the idea was "PS3=HDMI=1080p=Teh Roxors!!!11", which is just sillyness.

all 360 games support 720p as standards, not sure about 1080i though.
The 360 has an internal scaler which alows any game to be output at whatever resolution you select from 480i to 1080p and including 1080i.

btw you can't get interlace on vga :LOL:
Not on the 360 specifcly, at least not currently, but in general VGA connections can be used for interlaced signals.

This is information about Burnout 5. From GAF.

This is what Burnout 5 crashes will look like. Yes this is real.
1dz1.gif

Real meaning from the game.

Finally gameplay, and the crashes really look that good:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21413.html

Can't wait to get home and check that video out!!!

E3 is only going to get bigger and bigger in the coming hours...wow...I couldn't have expected this month ago when E3 was 'castrated' and turned into this trade show....but thus far, it's been very impressive, content wise.

Fantastic! That looks awesome, especially at the end.

What I really didn't like were the screwdrivers. The car just stops turning at some point to make sure you land ok. I really wish it would just keep turning and have luck decide whether you land properly or not. The rest looks fairly realistic in terms of physics, so this sudden loss of motion stands out way too much as artificial.

Besides, who cares if you crash a little more often if it looks this good?

Interesting to see a game that finally does some realistic damage.

The thing is, crashes are not really realistic but significantly exaggerated on purpose. Yet it is way more believable than anything else I have seen. Of course, I am not into racers, so curious if there is anything comparable (PC sims, Forza 2, new Flatout )???

Also there is a preview on IGN.

It certainly got a lot of good grades from people like in the 1up yours podcast. What I've heard of it so far is just amazing, and the crashes look really awesome also. And it's full of great gameplay ideas, from the handbrake parking, to the online interface, to the eyetoy/vision camera shots when you take someone down. Looks like it's going to be on my list for this year, making it the first full Burnout game I bought since Legends (which was very good, especially for a PSP game).

http://www.gamespot.com/video/935291/6174018/burnout-paradise-interview-1

Back