Burger King: 40% rise in Qtr profits due to 360 games

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by 22psi, Jan 31, 2007.

1. 22psi

Veteran

Who woulda thought? WOW. Jack in the Box, where you at? :lol:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164969.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6164969

2. borowki

Newcomer

Holy crap :shock:

No doubt we'll see "Dunkin' Donuts: the Video Game" in the near future.

3. ZoinKs!

Regular

Hail to the King, baby!

What a Whopper of a deal!

4. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

Its a thought!

I think really it could be owed to the "the king" in general. Not only the games, but also the commercials that feature the character. They're simply funny, off the wall, and they're not a traditional advertisement. Which is why I find them enjoyable and give a good laugh instead of going "ARGH!!!!!!!!" each time I see one. It helps a lot with a companies image. Frankly I think most commercials do more to ruin a companies image for me then get me going "boy I should stop by there next time I want a hamburger".

5. Fox5

Veteran

It'd be interesting to see how fast food game sales compare to downloadable game sales, though no downloadable games really benefit from the same advertising campaign as the King.

6. Carl B

Carl B Friends call me xbd
    Moderator Legend

LOL, well I personally think this whole Burger King game thing has been awesome.

I don't even own an XBox, yet I want to go get these games just to play on a friends. What is there to say? A game(s) centering on the 'Burger King' is just too much to pass up!

7. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

I hate fast food restaurants. I hope they all get bunkrupt (irrelevant with the 360).

8. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

They should make a Burger king themed game, and make a management game. Build up the franchise etc.

9. Magnum PI

Veteran

10. baten

Regular

It was not that hard to predict. There are toys in Happy Meals at McDonals. They have just replaced the toy with a game - only they make the games themselves, not buy it from asia (actually, they might buy it from asia too - see the TOSE thread).

11. vazel

Regular

I'm glad this has been so successful for them. This was just so awesome. Like those BMW short films. I hope we see other businesses do the same. These games are the only things that made me eat at BK. I love the King marketing campaign but don't care at all for their food.
    I mentioned this before. That kind of game would've been perfect.

12. Jabjabs

Regular

Alright! I can't wait for Sneak Jarrod from Subway later in the year, it's going to rock! ;)

13. NERO

Regular

I looooove the King commercials especially the ones where his image is wrapped around a player in old football footage with epic music.
    This game with value meal business is great. The games are cheap though look like they play badly (maybe so much so that it is comical).
    I hope they come up with a Taco Bell FPS or somethings.

14. superNoid

Newcomer

I bought all 3 BK games the first day they were available. BK was genious to take their already creepy mascot the King and digitalize him. It actually pulled me back to BK for just some food a few times after.

I hadn't eaten at a BK in alteast 5 years before this, and theres one 30 seconds from my house.

I'm a drone. :lol: :sad:

15. AntShaw

Regular

Haha...ditto.

And on that note, this was a GENIUS idea. For all the reasons you said in your post. You bought all 3, and patronized the chain. You, I and others did the same thing.

These games are no worse then some of the ones on XBLA and at $4 a piece you can't go wrong. Even if you only play the game for an hour its worth the 4 bones at that point!

16. nutball

Veteran Subscriber

17. infinity4

Veteran

can we expect sequels??? this game sold as much as Gears of War though its only fiver or something :twisted:

18. DudeMiester

Regular

I would die for a Tim Hortons Hockey game!!!! :grin:

Just so you know, there are 2710 Tim Hortons doughnut stores in Canada. In any major city, there's often one every few blocks, I'm not joking! In fact, my university (University of Waterloo), we have 3 on campus! It's practically a cultural institution here.

They're also spreading into the USA, with 336 outlets there. It won't be long before all Americans can enjoy the aroma of its beans, roll up its rims and taste its sweet Boston creme. :p Anyways, their quality blows the doors off Dunkin' Doughnuts, and exposes Krispy Kreme as the rancid shit that it is. Thus, it should be an easy win.

On this basis, I think such a game would sell very well, at least in Canada, and so long as the quality is there, should sell enough in the rest of the world to be profitable.

19. LogisticX

Regular

Won't work. The main reason for the interest in Burger Kings games is simply their mascot. Extending the same idea to other companies (Ronald McDonald for example) just doesn't have the same pull....in fact there have already been games based on McDonalds for years, though they didn't sell them out of their food chains I don't think.

Anyway, the point is, Burger King games sell because of the Burger King. The novelty of playing such a creepy character is humorous and fun in itself. The games do look like a lot of fun, I actually haven't played them myself since I don't eat at burger king.

20. borowki

Newcomer

Hmmm, maybe the Bush administration should try to boost its popularity by releasing a game featuring a creepy character. "Duck Hunting with Vice President Cheney," anyone?