Bump Mapping in MGS:TS? (Movies)

In other news related to MGS twin snakes, recent screen grabs from DSN2K (not direct feed) found at jeux-france, reveal the implementation of shadow casting. Finally, it was about time :) Better late than never though.

877320031125_141547_5_big.jpg

877320031125_141546_3_big.jpg

Edit- ah finally got to see the movies, looks mighty good in motion, MGS sure has improved a lot since E3. It wouldnt surprise me if its bump mapping, SK said they would implement it along with shadow casting. It would be rather odd that the texture resolution would suddently go from standard/blurry to ultra crisp high res, the difference between E3 captures and the new one are quite big.

Well its definitely a big leap over eternal darkness, in pretty much everything. Bodes well for Too human or whatever project they're working on besides MGS. Twin snakes likely trained them a lot more in polishing or executing scripts or ideas from paper to a game. They have a lot more pressure on their shoulders with Hideo Kojima and Miyamoto surpervising the project, its also Kojima's baby and a rather big franchise with a huge following, disapointing any of these would hurt silicon knights a lot.

Dennis Dyak has already said that MGS:TS will have bumpmapping. Whether that screenshot displays bumpmapping or not is a different matter. Good to see SK adding in these features :D

other news related to MGS twin snakes, recent screen grabs from DSN2K (not direct feed) found at jeux-france, reveal the implementation of shadow casting. Finally, it was about time Better late than never though.
MGS 2: SOL also had shadow casting. I hope this time it is being used in ALL the game.

After this, they'd better port MGS2 or even 3... having the engine already programmed should make it relatively cheap to do so.

MGS3 uses completely different engine, and I think by the time they get allowed to port it, we'll be playing on N5, PS3 and XB2 :))

I think it would be much more fair that Silicon Knights starts cranking out that infamous 'Too Human' instead.

marconelly! said:
MGS3 uses completely different engine, and I think by the time they get allowed to port it, we'll be playing on N5, PS3 and XB2 :))

I think it would be much more fair that Silicon Knights starts cranking out that infamous 'Too Human' instead.

Well, rumour has it that Too Human is going to be a nextgen launch game. Dyack also said in an interview that they're working on 2 other project while doing Twin Snakes. So if 1 is Too Human, what else do they work on? Eternal Darkness 2?

Back