Bubble's troubles....

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Damn it, she died on me and I can't get her to boot. :(

I did manage to get her back once after resetting the CMOS, but then she just died mid-post on me and I haven't been able to get her to do jack-diddly with about an hour and a half of cleaning/poking/pulling. :cry:

I did something I seldom do, I gave up on her for the evening and decided to try fresh in the morning. :rolleyes:

what about buying a new mobo and a new cpu?

without OC it will do twice as good with the current crop of games. will save you time that is for sure ;)

I'm thinking it's time to take Bubbles out back, and take a shotgun with you... She's seen better days, and sometimes you just gotta know when to let go... :(

micron said:
Is that the K7N2 Delta-L system?
Nah, that's my son's rig... mine is:

Bubbles Athlon 2400+ (12x200), NF7-s rev 2, 1Gb PC3200, 256MB Radeon X800 TT (500/540), Audigy2, A-L ADA885, TV, DVDR, 80GB, 200GB

I'm on Blue right now:

BluePhoenix Tuly 1.4Ghz, TUSL2-C, 512MBcas2, 9600 Pro, ATi TV-wonder VE, TBSC, DVD, 10/100NIC, 60GB

Bubbles is a total deadstick, nada-nothing. Turn her on and the lights light up and fans go on, but that's it. No beeps, no nothing. :(

_xxx_ said:
Again? You need a defibrillator, methinks ;)
Why? As long as I stay on my meds my heart is doing fine. ;)

I'm seriously thinking of picking up a new mobo, I just have that "the mobo is screwed" kind of feeling.

Hate to say this but looks like you need to test each part one at a time to see what part is the problem.
I would test the Video card, cpu, and mobo first.

{Sniping}Waste said:
Hate to say this but looks like you need to test each part one at a time to see what part is the problem.
Damn it, that was my thinking too....I was just sort of looking for a lazier option before rippng it and my son's PC apart test test everyhing it.

If it's the mbo I'd be seriously tempted to pcik up a 939 mobo and 3000_amd64 and just say ""fuck it!"...but Ill give it a nap first.

I lost two xp2500's, 2 mobo's and 1 HDD before I went DOH! :oops: maybe it's the power supply....it was, bad enermax 365.

So do yourself a favor and test the PS first ;)

How do I test a PS? :oops:

It's a TT 420w, not exactly a cheapy...and it's only a year old or so. :(

I don't think I have any spare PS lying around...I hate the thought of pulling Blue's just to test it. :?

I'll poke around, mebbe I'll steal my daughter's PC.... ;)

Some more info:

When I fire her up her fans/lights go on, but I could swear the fans aren't spinning fast enough. Also, the DVD drive won't open when I hit the switch once she's powered up and I could have sworn that it would open if it had power even when she was hardlocked.

I tried swapping molexes around a bit, but nada.

I'm getting a tad bit depressed, I think I'll go hit my living room with a crowbar for a while and get my mind of this. :?

{Sniping}Waste said:

this is a bingo.

digitalwanderer said:
{Sniping}Waste said:
Look at Neweggs referbs and see if theres somthing you like for under $50.
You had luck with refurbed mobos?

The mobo im using is a referb Asrock S754 SIS755 and been using it for almost a year now. Only paid $29 for it and its been ruuning my 3000+ at 2.5gig form 2.0gig for almost a year.

This mobo
http://www.asrock.com/product/product_K8S8X.htm

I have bought 4 newegg referb mobos and all have done well. Most are retail boxs but some are just the mobo and nothing else.

Woot-woot! My daughter's power supply brought Bubbles back up to life, but I'm having trouble getting her back up to speed with it. :?

Then again, it's a cheapy 500w PS. I'm gonna go hunt on Newegg for a new PS & mebbe a new NF2 mobo. (Must be AGP & support sATA, in case I get lucky and Snipe or someone helps look....I have sucky knowledge of mobos & PS. :oops: )

I'm running Bubbles right now at 1Ghz, but it's just wonderful to know she's working. 8)

Back