BSG mid-season finale, SPOILERS!!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Oh my fucking god, what a mind-blowing and intense episode. That was the most satisfying episode for me of BSG evah I think.

Anyone else?

Are the Cylons destroyed? Balter's trial just finished here in Oz.
The Internet exists for a reason, you know, and it isn't waiting patiently while the TV industry get off their lazy asses and distribute shows worldwide ;)

Hell, I've decided that while I'm in Italy, I'm going to forgo using a TV altogether, and simply make use of the Internet.

I was very, extremely, intensely (is that enuf?) dubious about how this season would go after last year's season ender.

I have to admit now that they've so far done much, much better than I had any expectation of them doing.

The thing with "is Laura a Cylon?" was priceless. My wife has been picking up on all those little clues and when #3 said "and you don't know you're a Cylon?" she nearly leaped out of her seat with a "I KNEW IT!" only to get put in her place when it became clear that the writers had been setting us up for a "neiner, neiner" moment.

But boy, I'm still waiting to see how they bring this one home. Too many disappontments in series-enders the last decade or so. It's really hard to do well. It's to the point where my standard is just "at least please be mediocre so I don't have to hate you forever for f*cking up one of my favorite shows".

Oh, as for the ruins. . . .maybe that was our previous Earth. The one we fucked up with our greed, etc before we moved on to this one. . . .

I have to say that I think you are all crazy, mid-season finales are bullshit. This was not a very satisfying episode for my family and the fact that they are saying it won't be back on until 2009 makes these "mid-season" breaks/finales even more bullshit. Since viewership seems to decrease for each show that has a mid-season break (at least of the shows I watch) I am often wondering why the hell the industry keeps doing them and if it is not coming back until 09...in my mind that makes this an entire season unto itself. Mid-season....did I mention that that is bullshit...if not, its bullshit.
:mad:

Ok, I feel a little better now, but I still did not care that much for the episode, save the always fantastic Edward James Olmos.
This one's because of the writers' strike.

The Internet exists for a reason, you know, and it isn't waiting patiently while the TV industry get off their lazy asses and distribute shows worldwide ;)

Hell, I've decided that while I'm in Italy, I'm going to forgo using a TV altogether, and simply make use of the Internet.

Smart usage of resources. :)

Back