Bruce Lee will be back tearing through & cleansing the streets from scum! UFC [PS4,XO]

I really like watching UFC. Playing UFC games not so much----not my kind of game.
Bruce Lee is an inspiration though. Loved his movies and his philosophy.

There is a 2.6Gb demo for PlayStation 4, currently only accessible from the web-based SOE online store.

It's not currently available on the UK PSN accessed from a PS4.

Thanks. We normally get the updates end of Wednesday, so that makes sense.

Haven't been interested in an UFC game yet either, but I'm curious about how it looks on next-gen.

Just had a quick play and the uncanny valley is in full effect, the 'holding pattern' animations just seem to loop over and over and little or no variation and look incredibly unnatural.

Possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen...I'm in tears.
Can you imagine how weird things are going to look when we get really, really convincing games? Imagine a photorealistic VR game, and suddenly opponents start spazzing out.

I guess they're using some form of Natural Motion/Havok behavioural physics.

Can you imagine how weird things are going to look when we get really, really convincing games? Imagine a photorealistic VR game, and suddenly opponents start spazzing out.

I guess they're using some form of Natural Motion/Havok behavioural physics.

Looks like a lot of pre-canned animations to me.

Yeah, but that's how some of this behavioural stuff works. You use basic animations and shift them. eg. At 40 seconds in video 1, the left foot is raised up to stand on the torso while the canned top half does its thing. And at 50 seconds, the frozen body still has flex in its limbs. The odd contortions point to Kinematics gone wrong to my eyes.

Back