Broken Sword 4 Angel of Death

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Sxotty, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Sxotty

Veteran

So I decided to try a different kind of game. It seemed fun enough after I installed it, but the next time I loaded the game the framerate seemed to go into freefall. Now it lags terribly no matter what I change settings to. (At the beginning everything was maxed and it ran perfect).

I installed a patch and the issue is the same after it.

I have
    Vista
    8800gt
    core2 2.67Ghz
    3gb ram

etc.. should be plenty fast. I have a suspicion it is DRM related for some reason. (I have not got a no CD crack or anything yet though I may try that. There was only one for V1.0 not 1.1 and I already updated with patch(.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

2. Sxotty

Veteran

After noticing further decreases in performance as I reduced in game settings a light bulb went off in my idiotic brain.

I went to nvidia control panel and made and app specific profile that said leave everything to application no it runs at settings maxed out perfectly yay.

I just posted this answer in case others look for a solution.

3. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

I always loved this series to death! Not Broken Sword 4 but I am currently playing Broken Sword 1 & 2 on the PC, both completely remastered.

What amazing games, so many good memories, they were my first adventure ever.

I have since played Broken Sword 3 on the Xbox, although it was a bit overpriced -it cost me 70€ when back then games normally cost 60€ at most-.

4. Sxotty

Veteran

Heh I don't think I ever finished the game actually :) I should someday maybe.