Bravil FPS Optimiser for Oblivion...

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by NMC, Feb 28, 2007.

1. NMC

NMC
    Newcomer

I have been struggling with horrible framerates in Bravil for too long and as no-one else could be bothered I thought I would have a go!! I've posted it at TES Source under 'misc' files for Oblivion...
    Enjoy!!! Lemme know what you think about other towns to tweak??? Leyawiin for example??

2. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

Just an FYI, rather than make the majority of slackers go on filehunts through TESSource's ridiculously cumbersome layout, posting a link would be dandy!

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=9477

So this simply adjusts view distance/specular distance/shadows, and so on when you enter the town to increase the framerate? Does it adjust them based on the current framerate, or simply drop them down to low/off (or a preset low level) ? :???:

3. NMC

NMC
    Newcomer

Cheers

Thanks for the link....Sorry for not posting one, I know it's a maze at TES Source...
    http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=9477

You are completely correct...all the mod does is adjust Clipping view, character-fade-distance and objects-fade distance, turns off character shadows and minimises specular distance....These are set to a preset low level...No adjustment based on current framerate I'm afraid. This mod was designed to squeeze the most FPS possible out of Oblivion in the cities....Nothing as sophisticated as on-the-fly adjustment sorry... however I have supplied 2 or 3 esp's for HI/MID/LO. Hope this helps.

4. NMC

NMC
    Newcomer

5. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

Nice, i'll give them both a try when I get home tonight. You're throwing these onto the official forums too, right? :smile:

6. NMC

NMC
    Newcomer

Bravil/skingrad Fps Clash Bug!!!

Just noticed a major bug las night, THE MODS CLASH WITH EACH OTHER! Only the first in the load-order works...New to scripting so will need a bit of time to sort this....In the meantime, use one OR the other! Sorry, people.

7. NMC

NMC
    Newcomer

8. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

does it change them back when you leave the city?

9. NMC

NMC
    Newcomer

Thanks 4 the question.... Yes, when you go back into the 'wild' outside cities it does return settings to 'normal'. By 'normal' I mean Oblivions 'Default High' settings. I've also put a slightly tweaked version of these settings in too: FPS wise everyones mileage may vary....