Bought a Mac keyboard

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
http://www.buymac.com.au/product/apple-keyboard--aluminum

Strangely the pricing is uniform everywhere you go and the price has never dropped, it always has been $69 for over a year now.

I'm running Vista x64, plugged in the keyboard and it worked perfectly from the get go. Installed a program called "SharpKeys" and I am now using F13 for print screen and the rest of the function keys are just various shortcuts under different applications. The tactile response is the best I've ever felt, it takes very little desk space, it's bloody strudy, slides around on the desk smoothly, because typing and gaming require different keyboard positions. Due to the keyboard being smaller I find that I can keep the mouse closer to myself and it has made a positive difference to my gaming experience. The keys feel as though they are meant for people with fat fingers, but that's okay because slight inaccuracies in typing don't result in a mistake. The compactness of the keyboard makes it easier to type and execute shortcuts, this manifests itself into a quicker gameplay experience. Playing BloodRayne 2 I now find it very easy to hit “ctrl-e” to throw a chain at someone. Far Cry 2 has many keyboard shortcuts dominated by the left side of the keyboard, having a single hand take up an almost exact 50% of the space makes it easier to pull off some neat tricks, such as a quick change from grenade to molotov while throwing both in succession while striding, which is a very difficult manoeuvre.

My previous keyboard was a first model G15, and I find that the $69 I paid for this keyboard trumps the $100 I paid for the G15. If there is one keyboard I could say is a genuine gaming keyboard, the Mac keyboard wins hands down. You will not get any flashy LCD screen, backlight, 50 macro keys, but you will get substance and style.

EDIT: Just noticed the USB ports on the side of my Mac keyboard are USB 2.0 as opposed to my G15's USB 1.x. :D

thats a great looking keyboard, ive been debating getting it for a while now. Let me know in a week or two how you feel about it.

My friend has a saying that implies the same. "After two weeks it just becomes your *product*", where *product* in this case is my keyboard.

Currently my only gripe comes from the inability to use "fn" and the key with a cd eject picture on it, but the extra F# keys make up for that.

I have that keyboard on my kids' iMac and I'm not a big fan. I like the compactness of it, but I normally type on a MS Ergo so my accuracy on that goes downhill fast. Also, the first one died under warranty.

why in the bloody hell would you assign 2 keys to throw the chain

And as everyone knows the keyboard supplied with the Ibm ps2 Models are the keyboards of the gods

Last edited by a moderator:
why in the bloody hell would you assign 2 keys to throw the chain

And as everyone knows the keyboard supplied with the Ibm ps2 Models are the keyboards of the gods

Man, I miss that keyboard (for gaming). I wore one of those out from 1992 to 2000. Then I got the ergonomic keyboard.....

Man, I miss that keyboard (for gaming). I wore one of those out from 1992 to 2000. Then I got the ergonomic keyboard.....

You can buy Model M keyboards from Unicomp, it's the same IBM design.

I very much dislike the Model M and I imagine those who do like them also enjoy constant amounts of annoying noise and pain. :)

I've been thinking about buying a Apple keyboard actually. The size of them is simply awesome and I think it'd be a fun mod project.

I had a Model M until my ex-girlfriend spilled water all over it. Replaced it with some no-name keyboards, then I got a Mac keyboard--love it. Had it for quite a while now.

I had a very strange thing with a saitek cyborg
built a pc for someone using a standard ps2 keyboard + mouse, then realised i haddnt installed the cyborg software so I sitched off pluggged in the cyborg and rebooted.
Upon reboot the mouse pointer wouldnt move, tried a new mouse no luck so I put the old keyboard back and eveything was fine
I then tried it on my pc and the mouse did move but there was a delay of about 10 seconds between moving the mouse and the pointer moving...

Look at this :
£0.75 (only 10 left)
bWFpbmltYWdlcy9LRVktQlRDLTkyMDUuanBn.jpg

Currently my only gripe comes from the inability to use "fn" and the key with a cd eject picture on it, but the extra F# keys make up for that.
Check out AutoHotkey, it will recognize the function and eject keys. I use the Wireless Apple keyboard with my HTPC setup, takes up far less space on the coffee table than my old DiNovo.

And yeah, they make great gaming keyboards, as suppressing as that may sound for a Mac product. If you take a moment to compare, the keys aren't actually any closer together than a standard keyboard, but the fact that they are flat makes for more surface area, and the tactile response is wonderful.

Back