Bought a gamecube

Nite_Hawk

Veteran
Hi guys,

Well, I finally broke down and my wife and I bought a gamecube (first console I've owned since an atari 7800). :) Seems like a pretty nice little unit. So far we only have the sonic megapack (7 genesis sonic games on one disc), and the Windwaker. Any advice on other cheap games that are good for the gamecube? The windwaker was pricey, but we got a discount for buying a >$30 game and the cube together, so it was worth it. I'm thinking of looking at the starwars game that came with it (probably should be able to get used for like $15), and maybe a couple of the other release games.

Btw, my wife is getting very addicted to the windwaker. Good game. :)

Nite_Hawk

Metroid Prime, man! Metroid Prime.

One of the most atmospheric games I've ever played. Sound, music, level design... It's all incredible. The first few rooms are kind of so-so, but once you get to Chozo Ruins... MAN, that game just starts to rock!

Hrm... You mainly want to peruse and see what they have. (I alsod on't know what other systems you have.)

BG&E is an excellent game if you don't have it (I picked it up the last time it was super-cheap at $10 ;) ) and I think games like Dead to Rights, Godzilla, Gladius, I-Ninja, and Wario World would easily be worth the $5. Likely Sphinx, Freedom Fighters, and a number of others are worth it as well.

Probably won't have a huge selection at the Best Buy, though--you'll have to root around and guess.

Thanks for the tip about BB's sale! My son is a gamecube nut and some of those titles he's been wanting. (He just turned 7 yesterday, a lot of those titles are "hot" to him!)

(I braved the console forums twice in one day, and this time I even did it knowingly...I'm feeling extry brave today!)

digitalwanderer said:
(I braved the console forums twice in one day, and this time I even did it knowingly...I'm feeling extry brave today!)

*Strokes Digi head*...

It's ok, Digi, everything's gonna be just fine...

*Goes back to drooling over Brittany spears *......

JVD!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop editing my posts, otherwise i'll reveal EVERYTHING!!! All all the videos , dirty emails, and the pictures too of me dressed up as Ronald Mc donald in bed with Brittany spears !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit me baby one more time !!!
:LOL: :LOL:

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:LOL: :LOL:

Pikmin is an excellent game, and so is Viewtiful Joe! Both are now Players Choice titles so they should be cheap.

Guden Oden said:
Metroid Prime, man! Metroid Prime.

One of the most atmospheric games I've ever played. Sound, music, level design... It's all incredible. The first few rooms are kind of so-so, but once you get to Chozo Ruins... MAN, that game just starts to rock!
I was at Walmart this morning and noticed Metroid Prime for $28.00 (Canadian). :D

SMS is a fun game, even I like it since it's so damned fluid and pretty!

Me and the wife were at Target and picked up a Sonic Collection for me son, is it any good? (He's got the newest one, but he's a huge Sonic freak....I'm so proud!!! :D )

You might want to check Eternal Darkness (play that late at night ;)) and Skies Of Arcadia Legends (awesome RPG).

Games to get:
Metroid Prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
F-ZeroGX
Viewtiful Joe
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Super Monkey Ball!!!!! (I like the first one better than the second)
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin (though I'd wait for Pikmin 2, comes out in august)
Got a kid (8yr+)? Get Animal Crossing. It's a hit with kids (especially little girls)

Games on the way:
Metroid Prime 2
Resident Evil 4
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
The next Zelda
Pikmin 2

If you like RPGs, look out for:
Tales of Symphonia
Baten Kaitos
Skies of Arcadia: Legends

So, what do we learned today? There are many very cool GC games, get a GC today! *lookinginLondonBoysandPhilsdirection*

ChryZ said:
So, what do we learned today? There are many very cool GC games, get a GC today! *lookinginLondonBoysandPhilsdirection*

Hey don't look at me! I'm just broke!!! :LOL:

Trust me, if i had the money and especially enough time to play videogames, i'd have bought one a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago!!

I haven't switched on my PS2 for about 2 months. Haven't played with it since before Christmas...

Back