Boot Issue

Fred da Roza

Newcomer
I've recently experienced a boot problem with my PC. When I boot the PC after a few seconds it shuts down. Strangely, on occasion, if it makes it to loading Windows it will start up and work without a problem. I suspect this is a power supply issue but since it works fine if it gets to Windows I'm not sure. Would something other than a faulty power supply cause this? For example if the MB battery was virtually dead would this cause similar symptoms?

I've recently experienced a boot problem with my PC. When I boot the PC after a few seconds it shuts down. Strangely, on occasion, if it makes it to loading Windows it will start up and work without a problem. I suspect this is a power supply issue but since it works fine if it gets to Windows I'm not sure. Would something other than a faulty power supply cause this? For example if the MB battery was virtually dead would this cause similar symptoms?

No, that would cause you to lose your BIOS settings and clock. Only if your BIOS settings need to be non-default to even boot would an expired battery cause boot problems. It's most likely an expiring PSU that can't handle the initial high load when the system boots and wants the most power draw.

Back