Book for the new term, Help wanted.

deeFive

Newcomer
Hi just in the final stages of getting ready for my 3rd and final year at uni i have now chosen which project i will be undertaking (a unity web game, directX 10 demo and a wpf app) i have been reseaching books, but cant find one that covers the following:

1.) creating a mesh file format (i want to create a demo with an .x mesh file then multiple textures.)

2.) Scene management, this is quite important as i want to track what is being handled by the system.

3.) Software design flowcharts and stuff as up to now we havent being taught any of this at uni which scuks...

anyway thanks in advance and if you have writen any books you may just get a sale!

thanks darvos ive looked at the ones on nvidias its and they look qute helpful i also got frank d lunas book on dx 10 which seems to cover a lot of the issues i was having.

but the one thing that im having troble with are file formats (we more creating them), so far it looks like im going to go with collada if i can find a tutorial/demo for dx10 but are they any other good portible formats or tutorials for creating my own

thanks in advance

1.) creating a mesh file format (i want to create a demo with an .x mesh file then multiple textures.)

I don't know if this helps, but this page provides some good info on the .x file format.

Other than that I'm not sure, as I generally do my modelling in 3D Studio Max and export it as .x files from there.

Back