Board questions.(sorry if this doesn't go here, please move to appropriate area)

Banned
How can one pm other members? It seems I can't pm.

How can one edit posts? It seems I can't edit posts.

How can one change title? There are users with many strange titles, so I assume it is customizable. I thought it would be the site staff title option, but that says it's only available to site staff members.

How can one pm other members? It seems I can't pm.

How can one edit posts? It seems I can't edit posts.

How can one change title? There are users with many strange titles, so I assume it is customizable. I thought it would be the site staff title option, but that says it's only available to site staff members.

See the sticky. You can ignore everything about reputation as it has since been disabled.

Thanks.

Wow, so it will take 1 year to change titles :LOL:

See the sticky. You can ignore everything about reputation as it has since been disabled.
Does that mean demotions are impossible now?

PS

Does vBulletin allow all this awesome customization of boards, or is this board using custom mods. to achieve this?

PPS

Two of my posts disappeared almost instantly. I can understand one of them being deleted, since it was just a single word. But the other one was a legitimate comment(though it restated what another user said, since I'd not gotten to that part of the thread when I was writing it.). Is there a secret user level that can delete other users posts? I can't believe a mod would delete a trivial non-inflammatory comment, just because it resembled a previous one by another user.

Mods can delete posts, but usually it is a soft delete. In other words, the post is removed, but there is a space taken up still indicating there was a post. The above is an example of a "soft delete".

It might be possible your post has not yet been approved. It would be fairly rare for a "hard deletion" to occur. Did your post show up and then disappear or did you hit post, but it didn't show up?

Mods can delete posts, but usually it is a soft delete. In other words, the post is removed, but there is a space taken up still indicating there was a post. The above is an example of a "soft delete".

It might be possible your post has not yet been approved. It would be fairly rare for a "hard deletion" to occur. Did your post show up and then disappear or did you hit post, but it didn't show up?

IT showed up but it disappeared after that, no space or anything left in the thread, and I couldn't see it in my show all ... posts option.

Oh, it appears it was only my first post that was deleted, the other one is fine, I missed it the first time and I thought it'd the same fate.

BTW, there seem to be people with less than the required number of posts and time that have high status. I assume these are vips or something right?

BTW, there seem to be people with less than the required number of posts and time that have high status. I assume these are vips or something right?
Yeah, basically people who were grandfather clause'd when we moved to the new system.

This is not visible to normal users, just to mods and admins.

Back