BMW car made out of cloth...?

I still dont know what will happen when it rains, or mud hits your car...but at least no more scratches!

I still dont know what will happen when it rains, or mud hits your car...but at least no more scratches!

I guess you've never seen a run in a woman's pantyhose?

The design was nothing more than an exercise, I don't think it would be very pragmatic.

Obviously, you'd put it into the wash machine. And you can buy plugable (stretchable?) hulls. I want a hello kitty in pink, please.

Fantastic idea, though I'd hate to see what it looks like at 175mph (probably like a gaunt person in a centrifuge).

Fantastic idea, though I'd hate to see what it looks like at 175mph (probably like a gaunt person in a centrifuge).

I dunno - it's such an obvious problem maybe they've considered it. People used to make aeroplane wings out of fabric, and still make hang glider/ultralights/parachutes/sails out of them. Given the fabric seems to be quite stretched, I wonder if it has a stable configuration at speed. Kind of like the outfit a skier wears, or a filled sail, so doesn't flap about at speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's a good point actually.

Well if that's not a problem, I suspect having to iron it every Sunday afternoon will be.

Back