BloodRayne2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Aug 10, 2005.

1. walterman

Newcomer

The only way to enjoy some sort of AA with BR2 is by forcing Super Sampling AA. On your 6800 card, use rivatuner to set '4x4' antialiasing mode (super sampling). Result isn't perfect, but, you'll notice about a little softer jaggies, cause the super sampling AA will resize the framebuffer to 4x times bigger & then it will shrink it back to 1x. Combine it with AF 16x & V-Sync on, & you'll have a very nice gaming experience in your 6800U. I dunno how to force super sampling AA in a 9800 card, despite of i had one. Sorry.

Well, i can tell you my story. I read when ATI launched R520, that it was able to do AA on MRT (multiple render targets)(BR2 uses RT for the bloom effects), so, i mailed ATI about BR2+FSAA+X1800 & they told me that np. So, i bought the card, but, FSAA was not working as they told me. I started to mail ATI again, with references to the previous emails, where they told me about FSAA working with the x1800 & BR2. After several weeks, & 2 catalyst releases & a lot of tests, i returned the card to my local dealer. So, i'm a bit pissed with ATI cause it looks like they lied to me just to make me buy their hw.

2. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Damn, sorry to hear....but thanks for posting up about it. I was wondering if the X1800's new FSAA was a magic bullet for this shit, I guess it's not. :(

3. walterman

Newcomer

That's what i thought too. I still have the screenshots of the x1800. BR2 looks much better on nvidia cards with the SSAA trick. Perhaps you can force SSAA in your 9800, but i dunno how to set it.

4. DarkVirus

Newcomer

Help

i`m playing the BlodRayne2, i like to the game very much, but i have some problem.i`m in the abandonet disctrict , Kastrel comes and turn off the electricity, i neet to find a way to turn on the electricity and the gate will open. please help me about it
    [​IMG]

5. Davros

Legend

they lied to me too and im also pissed about it cant you tell (they said x10 series wouldnt work in a 4lane pci-e slot and they do)

ps: dark virus i think you have to throw 2 guys at the gate switches (they both have to be stuck to them at the same time)

#45 Davros, Mar 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2008
  6. DarkVirus

Newcomer

lol, how the hell i should to that , i have got the idea but i think isnt possible, grrr
    will try
    thanks

7. digitalwanderer

Legend

With your chain thing, grab 'em and toss em.

You have to have two frying on each control, and I think you have to have to do it two or three times...then the gate raises enough to follow.

8. DarkVirus

Newcomer

aha thanks bro very much i will try

9. digitalwanderer

Legend

That level was about as hard as the bloody disco dance floor where you have to have one on each speaker frying to drop the bloodshield. :lol:

The 5th or 6th time through it finally got easier for me.