BlizzCon 2015!

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
It's THAT time of year now! Four minutes to go until kick-off, and I'm geeking out over geeking out over all the stuff they're - HOPEFULLY! - going to reveal this year.

It's time for Mike Morhaime's traditional awkward and very endearing introduction presentation. He's so stoked about all this, commandeering the entire convention center for this convention, his enthusiasm and joy really shines through so plainly. He's a suit these days - he probably doesn't do much active game development, but he's a geek suit. He loves what he's doing, running the company, it's so awesome! :D

Anyone else geeking out and watching the live stream?!

But now it's time. It's time! Gotta go!

That overwatch ;) oh lorde.
Blizzard is certainly the Disney of video games. Each game ties into another one, it's like they never want you to leave.

That being said, I'm definitely interested in OW, love my SC2, questionably thinking about playing Hearth Stone again, and that introduction of Tracer into Heroes of the Storm does have me a excited, but personally I don't love MOBAs as much anymore.

I really into the arena FPS games right now, and Halo will hold the fort until OW.

OMGWTFBBQ WoW Systems panel... SO. MUCH. AWESOME...!

Don't even know where to start. The artifact weapon; I was a bit sceptical about the initial announcement, but seeing all the cool gameplay, customization, power advancement and so on their new system enables - that's just incredible. Class changes! I was hoping we'd hear more and deeper information, but what they revealed really does sound awesome.

Transmogging is basically my every dream coming true. Unbelievable stuff! They didn't say if legendaries would be transmoggable though, or if the artifact weapon would be. I guess...they will be? *shrug* It'd be awesome to finally be able to mog my Val'anyr hammer that I spent so many weeks assembling. Oh, and maybe xmog two-handed weapons into one-handed plus off-hand. There are many looks you won't be able to enjoy for the entirety of the expansion, due to your artifact weapon being a fixed kind. Well... That'd just be gravy really. They literally checked ALL my other boxes with the reveals today, and MORE. Crazy, crazy stuff really.

Professions... They unveiled some really cool stuff, but held back the finer details. Of course, they only dedicated one hour to this, so there wouldn't have been time to go deeper, but I really look forward to knowing more about say, fishing for example. Finally they seem to be looking into this (mostly boring, lol) profession; I really hope they remove the need to actually equip the fishing rod for example. It totally sucks not being able to fight when you get attacked while fishing because your weapons are in the bag! Lol.

So, SO MUCH AWESOME. SO SO MUCH.

WoW's gonna be so good this expansion. And no fucking orc or troll dungeons either, OMG. Heaven! :LOL:

Lol.

For me wow vanilla was the height of my experience just before burning crusade. I'm not sure I have time tor MMOs anymore but. Few of my friends still love plying them so I'll let them know.

For me wow vanilla was the height of my experience just before burning crusade.
Vanilla was so fucking awful, compared to the way the game is today. Sucky quest design (spend more time flying across the world on the back of a taxi than actually playing the game), terrible, broken class designs and talent trees (hellooo any lock except destro, any hunter except marksman, any warrior except protection, any priest except holy and so on). Ridiculous, broken itemization (agi and spirit on plate? Wtf...) Standing in ironforge, yelling in trade chat for three quarters of an hour for a healer or a tank for your dungeon group... Standing in ironforge, yelling in trade chat for three quarters of an hour for someone with the key to unlock upper blackrock spire... AMG!

I totally don't understand peoples' super-nostalgia for vanilla. Okay, first time in Azeroth - many cool moments and memories. Sure! I get this. I have these memories and feelings too. But don't people remember the way the actual GAME was? It was ugly, low-res, blocky, blurry, amateurish in many respects. Every time you needed to go somewhere many stops away you had to speak to a flightmaster to fly the next leg of your trip. No autocomplete for mail recipients... :p

I guess it's a first impression thing. Vanilla World of Warcraft was way better than anything contemporary. Every expansion after that are, of course, only incremental improvements. Therefore, people tend to feel that the first version they played is the best one (as that's the first time they experienced the "shock").

I also started playing since vanilla, and had some nice memory in it (40 people raids, AQ opening event, etc.), but I don't doubt that current WoW is a much better game, I just don't have time to play like that anymore :)

Lol. Indeed you are right about a lot of things fixed. I don't disagree with any of that. I played only on PVP servers and there was something really special about world PVP before arena was released. The way that the world just fought was so organic, small cities would be raided, quest givers would be killed, people yanked etc.

Booty bay was perhaps the area I would say was the worst time to get caught levelling solo, you'd end up fighting more than than you can quest lol

Molten core was a terrible raid, but equally amazing. All the gear sucked, but it was relative. In vanilla you really had to earn it. It meant something to down Ragnaros. It meant something to be a BWL group. From AQ opening event to the non stop PVP, wow vanilla was special. The other expansions did provide something as well it made the game easier. But flying mounts really destroyed a lot of that world PVP. People would just get up and go with no chance to stop them.

You couldn't wait at dungeons anymore for people, people would queue with dungeon finder. The list goes on. The idea of 20Man being the largest raid there is!! Aaaahhh 40 man was a thrill!!!

Back