Bizzare clears up the PGR4/DVD9 mess....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertR1

Pro
Legend
http://www.bizarrecreations.com/article.php?article_id=5257

'As I'm sure you've seen, some of the comments made on our forum have been blown out of all proportion. This has been reported on certain web sites. It seems that a number of fanboys have jumped on the topic... sigh. So it's time we cleared this one up...

When we started designing PGR4 our primary goals were to create a great and unique experience over and above PGR3, to push the hardware as far as we could, and obviously to ensure that we give great value for money. DVD size is absolutely not a factor that we consider when designing our games... and PGR4 is no exception. DVD9 gives us more than we need to create a fabulous experience for you guys.

The previous game, PGR3, had five environments. That's how much we could create given our time and resources for that game. With the longer development cycle we've had for PGR4, as well as the advantage of having final hardware, we wanted to create a far bigger and better game by this time including 10 environments, as well as a whole bunch of new gameplay features.

Rather than having two "fixed" times of day, this time around we decided to use our time to create a dynamic weather system, which effectively creates a much more dramatic palette from which to work with. To show you where we're coming from, have a look at this screenshot crop sheet. This is something we use internally to compare our environments, lighting, and weather effects... but it's certainly useful for demonstrating the breadth of the game here!"

All techincal BS aside, I'm looking forward to PGR4.

Oh, I generally stay out of the tech side it gets over my head quickly (almost immediately in some cases!)

He has in no way contradicted what he said before. Didn't really "Clear up" anything.

He obviously saw the reaction (primarily the over-reaction) to his honest comments about running up against disk space limits and is trying to smooth it out.

The facts (as I see them):

They ran out of room for plan A.

They implemented a perfectly reasonable plan B.

Proceeded to talk openly about it. Oops.

It's hot information. Gets's people talking.

And now they wish they had said nothing at all!

And they probably won't say much from here on out. Which is too bad.

Bizarre said:
We should know, as we're currently developing games for all of them in one form or another.

Interesting. I think I had heard about a multi-platform game, or at least something that they were going to do on PS3. Is this more or less a confirmation of that?

Interesting. I think I had heard about a multi-platform game, or at least something that they were going to do on PS3. Is this more or less a confirmation of that?

I thought it was confirmed awhile ago that they were making a multi platform shooter. I think it is called The Club or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back