Bittorrent seeds

mito

beyond noob
Veteran
When I finish downloading a torrent, do I automatically become a seeder or am I still a simple peer?

Should I specifically set the file as a seed?

mito said:
When I finish downloading a torrent, do I automatically become a seeder or am I still a simple peer?

Should I specifically set the file as a seed?
Which client are you using? Most of them just automatically start you seeding.

I'm using Bitcomet. I believe it doesn't automatically seed the completed torrent.

Superseeding is what you would want to use if you were the one originally uploading and seeding the file. It basically allows you to just upload to one or two people, rather than an entire group of peers. This way, the other peers have to wait longer before they get the file, but you'll establish more "seeders" in a shorter amount of time.

But again, don't worry about it unless you're the one uploading the original file.

mito said:
I'm using Bitcomet. I believe it doesn't automatically seed the completed torrent.
Yes it does. Unless you manually turn it off that is, if there is such a config setting. I don't think Azureus even allows you to remove a torrent automatically unless it's been shared at least 1:1 ratio, haven't used bitcomet enough to say for sure how it works (and I don't expect I will either as Azureus owns it IMO).

Guden Oden said:
mito said:
Yes it does. Unless you manually turn it off that is, if there is such a config setting. I don't think Azureus even allows you to remove a torrent automatically unless it's been shared at least 1:1 ratio, haven't used bitcomet enough to say for sure how it works (and I don't expect I will either as Azureus owns it IMO).

Bitcomet starts seeding when you finish....but also allows you to disconnect if you want.

Back