Bitboys get another BIG deal..

hmmh...
Was it just me or Did someone said "Bitboys"?

;)
okay then... my regular one post per year has been done. see you next year!

My god, I had no idea Beyond3D existed in the year 569 :oops:

It's a actually even a bit older, because my post count is missing around 1000 posts... (from the old board and something happened when archive side started.)

and besides... I am quantum leaping right now from the future to missguide you about having more posts per year. ;)

Is AMD's (derived from Bitboys design, presumably) dedicated vector processor still a separate IP block or integrated into the new 3D core? Is it licensable both ways?

Is AMD's (derived from Bitboys design, presumably) dedicated vector processor still a separate IP block or integrated into the new 3D core? Is it licensable both ways?

No idea really... G40 had G12 (or older G10) included afaik and I would suppose that you can still license just the OpenVG / SVG accelerator IP block as well (even if there would be integrated 3D core version) just because, the idea of G12 was to be small, cheap SVG accelerator and so to have applications as broad range as possible.

but that's just my IMHO... I nowadays only see the guys once or twice a year and I am not using much time to follow happenings anymore.

Can't Imagine PowerVR standing still with this. IP is a valuable game and they are still in the commanding position.

Well you neither, you only have a Pyramid3D AFAIK :)

Thanks to letting me know what I have. :D I haven't yet become THAT senile.

And no, (unfortunately) I don't have Pyramid3D.

No one has Glaze3D. It never materialized as it was described, but still everything what it had materialized as Axe. (even though some parts of it were updgraded heavily and lots of stuff was added)

And yes, if I ever get a Pyramid3D, this is the first site to show some tests.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you mentioned it somewhere that you had one? But what was it then that you have?

He has an Axe, but only the chip, no board.

By the way, the "post icons" below seem to have icons for many companies, and ATI and AMD are still separate.. so we also demand an icon for BB! ;)

He has an Axe, but only the chip, no board.

That makes two of us then. ;)

And before others ask, yeah, there has been a secret society that had certain advantages. most active time was between 2000 and 2002. 2003 and 2004 were okayish but things started to slow down and nowadays what is left is IRC Channel, bunch of good friends and good memories. ;) some of us ended up in the business, some were there already and most of the ppl just moved on their lives with new targets.

two years ago, there was a moment, that I had 9 AXE chips... Now I have my two chips (rev A and rev B) left and based on what is written above in this post, you don't need to be rocket scientist to understand where the rest of the chips ended up...

And due some oldest members not being reachable, I had one extra chip looong time, but after a loong thought, I gave it to one of our foreign members and so it ended up to very happy new owner in Denmark. ;)

They didn't reveal if the cores were actually ex-Bitboys or original ex-ATI. I could imagine the vector core would be about G12 if not a later upgrade, but it's hard to believe they'd go for G40 at this point in time. The ex-ATI guys had some kick a.. ES2.0 cores, and actually that unified shader architecture comment gives it away.

So obviously just one ex-Bitboys core, the other one being ex-ATI.

Back