Birthing of Babylon 5

Bludd

Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
Veteran
In 1999, J. Michael Straczynski allowed his original notes on Babylon 5 to be released via his Last Word column in the Babylon 5 Magazine (Vol. 2, Issue 9). These notes were the first written record of Babylon 5, made moments after he had his inspiration for the series while taking a shower.

Though the magazine is long gone, on this, the 10th anniversary of this column's publication, he wanted to share the origins of Babylon 5 again. While many fans saw them when they were originally published, he realizes that many more have not.

In addition to the notes, there is a brief introduction that formed part of that column.

http://www.cafepress.com/thejoestore/6587738

Interesting stuff. It's this kind of openness that makes me a big fan of JMS.

Works fine for me. I can search and read the column.

Yeah, the site comes up fine now. Thanks again.

I posted this link at the jms forum as I didn't see any thread for it. Naturally I gave you credit.

Great stuff! I'd never even heard of this.

I think it's interesting how much he had planned out at the start. You recognize so much in the short text he writes. I am happy JMS have become an A-listed Hollywood script writer after The Changeling and I will continue to enjoy his work.

I have to say that the music of B5 totally fits what JMS was going for. I wouldn't mine learning the story of that.

I'll have to hit the google over the weekend as my interest in the show has been piqued again.

Man, I definitely have to watch B5 again soon. I absolutely loved that show.

On another note, I've been thinking for a long time now that I should keep a notepad nearby at all times, so that I can jot down quick notes on things I come up with randomly. Now I just need to actually do it...

I watched a couple of episodes of one of the early B5 series the other day. I hate to say it, but it didn't hold up as well as I thought it might have done.

I watched a couple of episodes of one of the early B5 series the other day. I hate to say it, but it didn't hold up as well as I thought it might have done.
Haha, well, B5 was always off-and-on. Some episodes were good, some weren't. But what I loved was the overarching story and the characters.

The sequence when they secede from Earth and go to war is probably my favourite episode sequence of all time.

Back