BioWare (Jade Empire) is developing for the PS3!

McFly

Veteran
link

In terms of its Canadian connection, BioWare was at the press conference. It seems as though the Edmonton based developer will be starting a PlayStation 3 game in the coming weeks. So far BioWare has only made games for the PC and Xbox and has never made a game for any Sony gaming platform, but that is going to change. Details on what the game will focus on are not being discussed for the moment.

I hope they make a Jade Empire for the PS3, that would be super sweet. :)

Fredi

Ok...
Like it was said at GAF..
People are basing this because there were some Bioware-staff at the press conference?

Hmm.. OMG; sign me up for JAde empire PS3 version right now!!

( :?

yeah the word going around is that this is some rather baseless speculation.

we know microsoft and bioware have great links, i'd be suprised if they didn't remain exclusive

Didn´t MS and Bioware forge some kind of agreement a while ago?
IIRC, Bioware would "act" like a 2:nd part developer.. but still be able to release PC-games..

I know there was some kind of agreement between them made, after the Jade Empire deal...

Bioware's a big company and can do a lot at once.
That being said, I had the impression they had a full plate already. Guess there's always room for jello.

Anything could happen. In terms of business (profit from a game, not from a company), it's easier for a company to switch from MS to Sony than the other way around. And it maybe even easier next time around seeing as Sony's machine would be more capable than 360. So we wouldn't be hearing developers stating they choose this system over the other because of its graphics capability (Itagaki's reason for Xbox over PS2).

So I wouldn't be surprise if they do develop games for PS3 (not necessarily exclusive). Unless of course they have some sort of contract with MS (mostly publishing rights). And they don't seem anti-Sony like Tecmo.

- Z

I do not know if they are going to develop anything for PS3, but I wonder if they are going to announce anything today for PCs or Xb360.

They seem to be non-existent on E3.. Even, they had some footage from dragonage last year. This year, there is this total silence... :?

Back