Bioshock Infinite

fellix

Veteran
Playing the PC version on Medium settings is fairly close to the console version, though higher quality in a few areas. As you go up from there to the High, Very High, and Ultra settings the difference is enormous.
The PC version ships on three discs, as opposed to one for consoles, to accommodate the higher-resolution content we provide for the PC. This really stands out when you play on the higher detail settings and higher resolutions that the PC allows. Irrational Games is known for all the detail we put into our worlds and the higher detail settings available on PC give us even more to work with.

Higher-end PC settings also activate on higher-quality versions of many of our core rendering features. For example, we show more objects and particles at longer distances and greater detail. We use a higher-precision color buffer for improved scene quality. Textures stream in more quickly, and we use higher quality texture filtering. More objects cast shadows, shadows are higher-resolution and blend more smoothly into the scene.
Though you only need DX10 hardware to play, if you have DX11 hardware you'll be able to turn on high-end PC-only features like Contact Hardening Shadows, High Definition Ambient Occlusion, and Diffusion Depth of Field. In particular, the HDAO and DDoF will take full advantage of the DX11 Compute Shader capability in high-end hardware, and our FXAA implementation is optimized for Shader Model 5.
Source

Minimum
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHZ
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB free
  • Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
  • Video Card Memory: 512 MB
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Recommended
  • Processor: Quad Core Processor
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 30 GB free
  • Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, ATI Radeon 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
  • Video Card Memory: 1024 MB
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Looks like I'm fine spec wise, albeit in the lower zone

But 30 GB! Games are becoming too big now, will take days if I get it from Steam:cry:

Looks like I'm fine spec wise, albeit in the lower zone

But 30 GB! Games are becoming too big now, will take days if I get it from Steam:cry:

That may be a case where pre purchasing actually makes sense, assuming they let you download it in advance.

I will hate the devs if they still keep the 15hz refresh rate for physics from Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2. It looks jarring already when playing on consoles but it's 10 times worse when you are playing it at 60FPS on PC.

Already? It's like a year late. Coincidentally I still have bioshock 2 in the wrapper.

It's a good game... the story just doesn't have the same impact though. Then again, towards the end, it seemed to pay off in some respects. I guess it depends on how you take it.

Minerva's den was nice (if you're willing to put up with GFWL).

I will hate the devs if they still keep the 15hz refresh rate for physics from Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2. It looks jarring already when playing on consoles but it's 10 times worse when you are playing it at 60FPS on PC.

Pretty sure it's 30Hz. Playing it on both console & PC, it's "normal" looking on console @ 30fps. *shrug*

Back