Bioshock confirmed for PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the latest issue of OPM (UK) Bioshock is confirmed coming out for the PS3 as well. Unfortunately I only have a link to the magazine scan and I know those aren't allowed. Further confirmation would be great, but this is great news IMO since this is pretty much the only exclusive 360 game I really really wanted and now I don't have to miss playing it.

Cool. To bad the PC version owns all.

Being serious, I really hope it lives up to SS2, if it indeed does live up to that then it'll go down as one of the best games of all time. It would also be nice with it having the success that SS2 deserved.

According to the latest issue of OPM (UK) Bioshock is confirmed coming out for the PS3 as well. Unfortunately I only have a link to the magazine scan and I know those aren't allowed. Further confirmation would be great, but this is great news IMO since this is pretty much the only exclusive 360 game I really really wanted and now I don't have to miss playing it.

The "info" you are referring to is a scan that has bizarrely decided to resurface, from an issue of OPM UK which came out in May 2006.

Being that it's over 6 months old, for the sake of argument can we class it as a 'vintage' scan?

Mod:
nope we can't. Scans removed.

I was just wondering though, since Bioshock was already confirmed as a 360/Windows exclusive, does that mean it'll never come out for the PS3, or is it a timed exclusive, and eventually it'll be released for PS3? :eek:

I was just wondering though, since Bioshock was already confirmed as a 360/Windows exclusive, does that mean it'll never come out for the PS3, or is it a timed exclusive, and eventually it'll be released for PS3? :eek:

For Bioshock I would bet on timed exclusive, though nothing is confirmed as always so maybe not. ;)

yea.... old, outdated report.... wouldn't be surprised if/when it happens eventually though.

Yes you're correct. I saw this posted as news on maxconsole today and mistakenly thought it was new. A mod can lock this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Can PC gamers please refrain from posting "PC version UBERZ all" or other such nonsense whenever a PC version exists for an upcoming console title? It's getting pretty tiring...

Wasn't that issue before the exclusivity announcement?

Yeah.

yea.... old, outdated report.... wouldn't be surprised if/when it happens eventually though.

Agreed. A PS3 version was never announced, but the developer had commented that the door was open before the "exclusive" was announced. It will all come down to money and how good the game is and whether it will be worth a port.

Can PC gamers please refrain from posting "PC version UBERZ all" or other such nonsense whenever a PC version exists for an upcoming console title? It's getting pretty tiring...
It's NEVER tiring to point out that you should be playing FPSes, RTSes, and MMORPGs on PC, or you're no-good, heathen scum.

We're just trying to save ya'all from yet another Oblivion-esque debacle. Those poor Oblivion 360 owners..... 'ol Bethsoft forum echoes daily with their pleas for a moddable and more functional version of the game.:(

We're just trying to save ya'all from yet another Oblivion-esque debacle. Those poor Oblivion 360 owners..... 'ol Bethsoft forum echoes daily with their pleas for a moddable and more functional version of the game.:(

its completely uncalled for however.

Most people know that the PC versions of games are superior 99% of the time. Aspecially most people that visit a technical site like Beyond 3d.

People posting stuff like that on a CONSOLE FORUM, are PC fan-boys or something. Its just like when F.E.A.R. was announced for the X360, a gazillion PC boys suddenly felt the need to say that the PC version is far superior than the console version.

Anybody with half a brain can tell you that the PC version of things will probably be better, considering the power that sits in good gaming rigs.

People posting stuff like that on a CONSOLE FORUM, are PC fan-boys or something. Its just like when F.E.A.R. was announced for the X360, a gazillion PC boys suddenly felt the need to say that the PC version is far superior than the console version.
The problem there was one of people behind the port tried to claim otherwise, when that is most certianly not the case.

As if there are anywhere near 10 million gamers whos PCs have the graphical ability to display near the capability of their $300-400 console.

On top of that anyone that has the PC that outcompetes the experience on the 360 will probably be buying the PC version anyway. So "buy PC version" statement is unnecessary.

The problem there was one of people behind the port tried to claim otherwise, when that is most certianly not the case.

The question is median and mean user experience. I would guess in both cases FEAR on the Xbox 360 looked better than on the PC. The Xbox 360 version, graphically, I would argue is an experience that only ~ 10% of PC owners currently are able to experience. This will change of course, but it is difficult to argue that console gamers are not getting a better experience than the average PC gamers (graphically). Of course I think will all conceed, especially with the advent of SLI/Crossfire, that high end PCs will always look/play better than a console version of the same game. Of course there are issues of diminishing returns on hardware investment, but that is another story :)

Personally I prefer PC gaming due to the KB/MS. In the past I would also include Online, HD resolutions, and game selection. But in each of those cases the consoles have caught up to a respectible degree. The only thing keeping me interested in console games are mods and user interface. And we know both are being investigated by MS and Sony. I suspect with the huge advantage consoles games have in sales over most PC counterparts that it is inevitable that the PC is going to need to significantly evolve /or/ consoles will eventually displace them in the mainstream. IMO PC software is hardly what it was years ago, and the price of entry and success of titles are issues that make me wonder if PC development will be even smaller in 5 years than it is now.

On top of that anyone that has the PC that outcompetes the experience on the 360 will probably be buying the PC version anyway. So "buy PC version" statement is unnecessary.

Who's grading whats within the realm of "necessary and unecessary" statements on this here internet forum aside from people in the moderation postions? I reserve my right to agree with Skyring in pointing out the PC version will be superior in my opinion, and I'm sure, seeing as he hasn't deleted his comment, Skrying feels the same. Any topic regarding any game on any front is fodder for debate on which platform it will be most enjoyable. So please, inevitably, when the topic of a game making appearances on multiple platforms arises, don't get offended by debates over which platform it will peak it's performance on. What people fail to realize here is everyone here is entitled to their own opinions, and you could spout out all day with a completely opposing view as mine, but that won't leave either of us wrong, just merely divided.

*edit* I had a link to go along with the thread topic, but it was chock full of scans.

Well, my comment was totally in sarcasm, but I do believe it. Not because of graphics either, because of mods and MY control of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back