Beyond3d Podcast - presenters needed

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Hi Guys,

Some bad news. ShaidarHadan had to drop from the podcast as a weekly contributor for personal reasons (very understandable, so no blame). So I'm now in desperate need of new co-presenters, and really hope some of you guys would like to step in.

We just got something of a system going, with shared google documents where we collect topics and such as we find them. From these we then only have to decide a few days before recording which ones we'll discuss, greatly cutting down on preparation time. Everything on the technical side has been going great, with no real issues, and we have two interviews lined up likely happening somewhere in the second half of September. Of course I'll be able to do the interviews by myself just fine, but in general it would be a shame if the podcast had only one presenter.

If you can spare a few hours each week, or even every two weeks, please contact me to keep this thing going. I personally have plenty of time to devote to this until the end of the year, as I had so many days off left that for the next of the year I'll be working just 3 days a week, with the final two of the year not working at all, so I can do the brunt of the work and all I need is someone who's willing to do the actual recording with me and discuss some of the weekly topics.

If I have to, I'll go it by myself for a while (and maybe then take a different approach to the whole thing) but I'd much prefer not to.

Kind regards,
Arwin

You mean in terms of the actual recording bit for a co-presenter? Just Skype and a head-set, basically. For sharing podcast ideas and the basic episode schedule, a Google Docs account, from and to which individual documents are then shared with a Beyond3d account whenever necessary.

On my side I'm handling the recording and editing using Audacity and setting my soundcard to record 'Stereo-Mix', which basically means it outputs all incoming audio to the recording channel that Audacity then records to the harddrive. I can mix in all sorts of sources including output from the 360 or PS3, but currently haven't used that yet. I do the editing, then normalise and export the recording to an mp3 file, and finally edit the mp3 meta-data using a little tool, adding in the genre, authors, title, and an 'album logo' (the beyond3d logo). This file is then uploaded and made available to all.

You mean in terms of the actual recording bit for a co-presenter? Just Skype and a head-set, basically. For sharing podcast ideas and the basic episode schedule, a Google Docs account, from and to which individual documents are then shared with a Beyond3d account whenever necessary.

On my side I'm handling the recording and editing using Audacity and setting my soundcard to record 'Stereo-Mix', which basically means it outputs all incoming audio to the recording channel that Audacity then records to the harddrive. I can mix in all sorts of sources including output from the 360 or PS3, but currently haven't used that yet. I do the editing, then normalise and export the recording to an mp3 file, and finally edit the mp3 meta-data using a little tool, adding in the genre, authors, title, and an 'album logo' (the beyond3d logo). This file is then uploaded and made available to all.

That's interesting, it would be a neat idea to having each podcast feature(intro, between segments) the music of a recent game.

i've just moved in to my new house for my final year at uni, and have free time and a skype account i would be honored to co-present with you:D (but i have a black guys voice if that bothers you, i've helped on some uni podcasted and they find my voice too deep, lol)

i've just moved in to my new house for my final year at uni, and have free time and a skype account i would be honored to co-present with you:D (but i have a black guys voice if that bothers you, i've helped on some uni podcasted and they find my voice too deep, lol)

I'm a black guy and I don't even have a black guy voice. I'll trade ya :p

I can ready news or guest spot but I may fall asleep if you start counting pixels or giving comparisons of pc drivers ;)

lol but what would you trade i would like some extra black guy height.......

anyway i have experence with mixing down podcasts (uni related), and could also help with spots on non gamers playing games (im trying to teach my gf and another non gamer to play!), the pikey/chav/ni*#a view (views on games from my non geek buddies, joe public and other non gaming peeps.).

I also think it would be a good idea to do long term reviews on games, not just try and beat the game in the quickest and mess with some multiplayer for a few hours, but a longer term view looking at stuff at how fast gameplay issues are fixed, software bugs, commuinty support and other things over a 18 month preiod so we can look at which deveopers love there users the most.

and finaly i think it would be a good idea to group test games, for example the top selling FPS games in diffenernt areas i.e. controls, gamepaly, envroments, network code, graphics (broken down into sub areas), multiplayer etc... we would need to be careful to comepare like with like for example we shold not compare something like bioshock to COD or Burnout to GT, but try to find games to compare and group test that are targeting the same market, be it the most action packed SP games that you can buy or the most sim like racing experence.

feel free to shoot down any of these ideas i think they could be applied to hardware as well.

and tirminyl let me know about the trade!

I can do a black guys voice, a posh Brittish accent, or just stick to my approachable and unassuming Dutch accent, whichever is preferred. So I'm sure we'll get along just fine. :D

By the way, I think some of your suggestions are fine - in fact, if you check out the original podcast idea thread, they're mostly in there already. ;)

So do you have an Uncharted 2 beta code yet? Cause then we could try to do something like that now already ... ;) If you don't, I might just have one to spare ... just got my play.com pre-order code.

nah i dont have a code yet i hhave spent the last two nites looking for a code so if you have a spare i would love it, i also signed up for the mag beta so we could do that as well (if i get in)

Nothing much, to be honest. Presenters named themselves here, but didn't follow up on my PMs and such. Rys, after his initial positive response, is nowhere to be found either. So I'm on my own still, and am still considering the best course to go forward. I've used the extra time to get some other stuff in order, which has gone well, but now that ListenUp is dead, I actually yearn for making a podcast even more.

well i'm still interested, there have been a few nice things happen in the last couple of weeks: new console rumors, people having dx11 hardware to play with (and make demos), new nv chipset stuff and various new game development related Tax brakes.

as well as lots of game stuff;)...

Back