Beyond Black Mesa

homerdog

donator of the year
Legend
Supporter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOrH5tfWorg&feature=player_embedded

Beyond Black Mesa is a short Independent fan film Inspired by the Half-Life Video Game series. This is an action packed short film centering around Adrian Shephard and a band of resistance fighters struggling to get out a warning about the impending invasion.

- Independent short film - 2 years in the making - Endless hours of post
- 1 Canon HV20
- 7 Friends
- $1,200 budget for the full short film.

This film is not HL,HL2 or Opposing Forces. It's a short fan film that takes place in the Half-Life world. Also, as a completely independent film, we wanted to have a creative voice in the movie and make it a movie that we would enjoy shooting. We took artistic freedoms and liberties, unfortunately most of those decisions were determined by our limited resources.

! WARNING SPOILERS !

-Good overall
-no Zombies in HL, try again.
-Combines don't have wakizashi as part of their equipment :p
-Filtering mask protect from dust so throwing dust at a Combine is useless

The good thing is it's a really high quality production for what amounts to a hobby project, and I'm really super impressed at their accomplishment. I think it deserves very high marks for that, and proves just how good you can get with limited means with today's tech.

The bad thing is I just didn't think it was all that great fun watching it. :) I never made it to the end.

Roderic, actually there are zombies in HL universe, but I suppose they had to go with L4D-style ones because it was too difficult or expensive to manufacture matching headcrab, mutated-arms-clawed-fingers and cracked-open-ribcage-prosthetics.

So they have the means, for sure. At least when it comes to tech, if not the actual money. Maybe next time they'll come up with a really great story too? :) Kudos to the group, anyhow.

! WARNING SPOILERS !

-Good overall
-no Zombies in HL, try again.
-Combines don't have wakizashi as part of their equipment :p
-Filtering mask protect from dust so throwing dust at a Combine is useless

The samurai sword and zombies were strange and unnecessary, but I agree good overall.

...So they have the means, for sure. At least when it comes to tech, if not the actual money. Maybe next time they'll come up with a really great story too? :) Kudos to the group, anyhow.

what did you want? gone with the wind? besides, too much story gets in the way of how cool the movie is. ;) props

Back