Best web browser?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by thekey, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Moloch

Moloch God of Wicked Games
    Veteran

Load up a page with tons of pics ;)
    And then when you close the tab guess what?
    It's still using hundreds of MB.
    *whiney voice* but it's a feature.. memory cache for fast back/forward.*whiney voice*
    STFU :p

#101 Moloch, Jun 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  2. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

Uhh, Opera actually uses MORE memory for me under a default install.

I load up hundreds, and sometimes even thousands of pictures at once in a browser. Performance is the same for me.

3. ANova

Veteran

The only time Opera ever crashes on me are when visiting questionable websites sometimes and often when the crappy quicktime plugin starts up. I've never experienced the 'blinking cursor' either.

4. Moloch

Moloch God of Wicked Games
    Veteran

I call BS.
    Even if it does closing a tab releases memory unlike firefox so you dont have to restart the browser.

5. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

Okay? I dont get your point with that.

When viewing hundreds of pictures the memory usage is higher in Opera, that is what I said. I did not say afterwards, I did not say before, I said WHILE VIEWING HUNDREDS OF PICTURES.

Call BS all you want, viewing lots of images and having many tabs is not slow in either browser. Its perfectly smooth for me, in both browsers.