Best CGI Movies

Not really impressed by the Army of Two trailer, mainly because it showed very little CGI. What was shown was kick ass but I wanted more!

Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within! :smile:

And my spiritual favorite: the PS1 intro to Soul Blade. Oh sure! The quality's not there anymore... But it captured almost perfectly what "intro to fighting game" should, and the individual feel of the characters, and all behind one amazing song. (And at the TIME the CGI was paramount!)

I'm still waiting for another game to pull off an intro that well--I certainly WISHED Soul Calibur would have outdone itself!--but sadly it has ne'er panned out. <snf>

Onimusha3 CG intro...grandiose!

Killzone and Motorstorm are not THAT great imo.
Best ever!

I'm also fond of the Tekken, Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur, and Ridge Racer CGs. I just feel so connected to the Namco characters, and they're constantly improving and pushing new boundaries.

I LOVED the Tekken Tag CGI videos. Sshort and sweet, and the end scene of Unknown was just fabulous. Of course there is much better CGI now, but the TTT short videos just stayed in my mind for some reason.

FFX - and all the FF's really - was also beautiful.

I :love: Blizzard's CGI.

Some of my favorite ones are from WarcraftIII and WarIII:Frozen Throne. There is that one in Frozen Throne where the son comes into back into Lordaeron as a hero and there are rose petals falling and its so goregeous,. Then he goes and kills his father.

And then there is one of my all time favorite moments in a video game in the Orc campaign where the orcs finally turn on their demon master. Practically moved me to tears.

Make a Warcraft CGI feature film already Blizzard!

God damn it. Just thinking about it makes me want to play War3 again!

Me and my friend are big fans of the intro to Warhammer 40k. Too bad that's the only one in the game. I love CG. I've always liked Final Fantasy CG because of how it's interspersed throughout the gameplay instead of just getting one CG intro.

4. FFXIII - Nice!
Where can I see that FFXIII CGI movie? Do you mean the trailer composed of (mostly) realtime and some CGI parts?

Anyway, my answer is Xenosaga :p
Or, if non-game movies are allowed, then I agree with whoever said Advent Children.

Onimusha 3 opening get's my vote too, absulutely amazing! Tekken series has also had many great looking CGI-movies, but I was more impressed by those during the PS1 era.

The world doesn't need another Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Advent Children was pretty good though...

Onimusha 3 opening get's my vote too, absulutely amazing! Tekken series has also had many great looking CGI-movies, but I was more impressed by those during the PS1 era.

Advent Children was pretty good though...

It was cool. I wouldn't say it was good. It obviously had an appeal to Geekdom, but as a standalone movie, it's another FFTSW, just with really cool fight scenes... IMO of course :D

It was cool. I wouldn't say it was good. It obviously had an appeal to Geekdom, but as a standalone movie, it's another FFTSW, just with really cool fight scenes... IMO of course :D
Yea, it's a great popcorn movie to shut your brain down to but not good in the deep storyline sense.

Well cool fight scenes are pretty much all we need... right...
No but on a serious note, I did enjoy Advent Children quite a lot and I think Spirits Within is utter crap, so there must be something between them, I dunno maybe it's only the cool fight scenes :)

Back