Best a64 3000+ mobo

jvd

Banned
Looking for the best mobo for this board. Features and overclocking wise . Hopefully under 100$

Any suggestions ?

You dont have a lot of choice ..

I know the Asus K8V Deluxe and the MSI ... dont remember the number .. both are with the VIA chipsets and are good .. and you can get the Gigabytes with the nforce chipsets on it too.. Personnally i can recommend you the K8V but it's prolly like 150$ USD

RainZ

rainz said:

I know the Asus K8V Deluxe and the MSI ... dont remember the number .. both are with the VIA chipsets and are good .. and you can get the Gigabytes with the nforce chipsets on it too.. Personnally i can recommend you the K8V but it's prolly like 150$ USD

RainZ

hmm okay there is one on ebay refurb but its only 15$ i'm goin to guess under 50$ for it and its a good deal huh .

Will try to get that . ASUS K8T800 Chipset for AMD Socket 754 CPU, K8V Deluxe -

its a deluxe . So dunno if your talking about this dude .

jvd said:
rainz said:

RainZ

hmm okay there is one on ebay refurb but its only 15$ i'm goin to guess under 50$ for it and its a good deal huh .

i'm... but dont get any used with the 333 condensers on it .. wait i'll give you a link..

http://translate.google.com/transla...pair=fr|en&hl=en&prev=/language_tools

All the new motherboard are great now .. but the first batch of them ( not all but many ) had a problem with the 333 ... If you get one used .. just check for this .. and if you get one new .. nvm ! And btw they are all " deluxe ".

RainZ

jvd said:
rainz said:

RainZ

if it's under 50$ .. it's prolly one with the defective condensers..

RainZ

rainz said:
jvd said:
{Sniping}Waste said:

Do you know how the overclocking is on it ? I wouldn'tm ind getting 3200 speeds out of this .

On the Asus K8V Deluxe you have many O/C options and you can set the System Bus at 200mhz upto 300mhz ( 200,201,202...298,299,300 ).

RainZ

Yea but at 140$ thats only 15$ less than I spent on the chip. Also i keep hearing there is a pro version of the via chip. Is that in this ?

No the Pro version isnt out yet and to be honest wait for that for two reasons.

Main reason is that if you want to overclock the PCI/AGP buses are not locked limiting your overclocking potential greatly and also the Pro version is meant to support PCI Express.

ETA June.

If you're looking for an overclockable A64 mobo, you sholud look for one with AAGP and PCI locks, though I don't know of any.
In my knowledge, the AMD64 is only moderately overclockable without these, as if you overclock too much, the AGP and PCI overclock also but too much, and might result in data corruption.
Also if you use Serial ATA HD, I've heard they are more sensitive to overclocked systems.
Edit: oh, Tahir already noted the same thing :)

Okay. I got a a64 3000+ for 150$ . I guess i will wait for the pro version. Wont get my x800xt till june anyway

rabidrabbit said:
If you're looking for an overclockable A64 mobo, you sholud look for one with AAGP and PCI locks, though I don't know of any.
In my knowledge, the AMD64 is only moderately overclockable without these, as if you overclock too much, the AGP and PCI overclock also but too much, and might result in data corruption.
Also if you use Serial ATA HD, I've heard they are more sensitive to overclocked systems.
Edit: oh, Tahir already noted the same thing :)

Some versions of the nforce3 150 board do have working agp/pci locks, however that is a lower performing board to begin with, so that kind of cancels out the overclock.

All versions of the nforce3 250(they do have socket 754 versions out now) should have working pci/agp locks, and unlike the 150 it actually performs onpar or better than the competition.(it gives a slight performance boost to nvidia cards)

VIA has a new chipset coming out that will have agp/pci locks.

Back