Best 4K HDR TV's for Scorpio/PS4 Pro

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Rangers, Apr 29, 2017.

1. bunge

Regular Newcomer Subscriber

Yeah, I searched them out and holy hell is that a great deal. I can’t imagine buying a different TV.

What is the downside of this model? Granted knowing these features are available there’s almost no chance I’d buy a different one but I’m just curious about the available technologies.

2. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

A TLC TV would be the best TV though... When you're feeling crappy, it puts on a new episode of your favorite show, just because you're worth it.

RobertR1, bunge and London-boy like this.
  3. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

The downside is that they don't make them larger than 55.

BRiT likes this.
  4. bunge

Regular Newcomer Subscriber

Lol. I was hoping for a smaller one!

5. mrcorbo

mrcorbo Foo Fighter
    Veteran

QA is a little suspect. Some sets (like mine) exhibit some backlight bleed where a totally black screen can end up showing some artifacts. Peak brightness isn't that bright, so highlights don't pop as much as they do on brighter sets. That's pretty much it. It's OK at HDR, with a nice wide color gamut and phenomenal at SDR. And the Roku SmartTV features are superior.

bunge and BRiT like this.
  6. snarfbot

Regular Newcomer

theyre supposedly making more sizes for the updated 2018 model, and increasing the amount of dimming zones to 128 iirc. i would like something around ~40" myself, lets hope.

BRiT and bunge like this.
  7. wco81

Legend

They announced a Series 6 with sizes at 55 and 65 inches. Not due until May or so and pricing is not yet known.

RancidLunchmeat and BRiT like this.
  8. dobwal

Veteran

Good luck with that. >65" is actually the fastest growing market now. And most of the big players limit their most advanced tech to their 55" and above sets. Big screens are all the rage now so most manufacturers are treating anything south of 55" like step children.

Hard to convince people to spend a premium on a good performing 40" set when there are $500 55-65" displays sitting right next to it. So literally almost every manufacturers has stopped trying. They rather sell old cheap tech at bargain bin prices.

Maybe someone will step up and realize not everyone has a need for a behemoth of a TV.

Picao84 likes this.
  9. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

I must say, I went from 50" to 65" and at the time even I was a bit scared that it would be too big. My partner thought I was crazy. But. Once you go bigger you never go back. Those extra 15" really hit the spot.

(Have fun with that)

DSoup, Dr Evil and Nesh like this.
  10. Picao84

Regular

I'll be looking for 55 inch in the next few months, but no way I'm sacrificing image quality for that. Getting mentally ready to spend a small fortune... A friend of mine went on cheap on an Hi-Sense one he got for £650 and it shows. Apart from looking sharper because of 4K resolution, the color quality is well under my 42 inch Sony Bravia. Software is also garbage and slow. Miracast simply does not work with any device we tried.

#1010 Picao84, Feb 14, 2018 at 9:59 AM
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 10:04 AM
  11. mrcorbo

mrcorbo Foo Fighter
    Veteran

But everyone does have a need for a behemoth of a TV. They just don't realize it. :p

Dr Evil, BRiT and Picao84 like this.
  12. mrcorbo

mrcorbo Foo Fighter
    Veteran

There are enough resources out there that if you do enough research you can find the price/performance standouts pretty easily.

13. Picao84

Regular

Yup, that is what I did with my current Sony and been happy for 3 years with it. Just getting a larger one because I'm moving to a bigger house and will have my own man cave :D