Been playing the Greatest Game Ever Created

Goldni

Regular
I'm talking about Zelda Ocarina Of Time & Master Quest Bonus Disk. Gamestop just released thiers today (with an exclusive strategy guide). For those not informed, you get Zelda Bonus Disk free with the prepurchase of Zelda The Wind Waker.

The bonus disk Zelda looks identical to the N64 version save for high res graphics..but I don't remember NPC's popping in at such short a distance from you though). If you've never played Zelda OOT than you have my sympathies. It truly is the greatest adventure ever created. For those who have not played it I'll tell you all the things that are copied from Zelda. Just about every game (adventure) is now copying the hell out of Zelda in one area or another.

For one the camera is the best damn camera in a game to this day. Mainly the 'Z' switching it behind you (now it's 'L' on the GCN controller). This leads to the combat system where when you 'lock' the camera behind you by holding down the 'L' button. Your character can then strafe, jump and dive just about all over the place while still being locked on to your enemy. It lets you perform a bunch of attacks as well.

Thirdly, Zelda poineered the "context sensitive" button..or "action" button if you will. A ton of games are using this now. Where one button has many 'commands' that change depending on where you are at and what you are doing. Fourth, you can 'assign' items to your 'C' buttons (or stick now). This was a first and eliminated the need for menus and sub menus for doing this.

There are several other revoutionary things that were first done with Zelda OOT..or at least they were perfected by Miyamoto. But i must get back to MQ. There are also movies and bonuses on the disk.

In the end, I'm very excited about Wind Waker. Just the fact that it's a strong argument for "greatest game evar" between it and OoT makes the wait for ZWW that much more harder to bare. I've read alot of passionate threads arguing about the two games. And most who have played both are split on the subject (with maybe a few more slanted toward ZWW).

Hope you dont miss the chance to play a Zelda game. Games like this are why I got back into gaming.

I'm not sure if I would call OOT the greatest game ever (considering that LTTP is better in some ways) but it's definitely in the top 10 somewhere.

Ocarina Of Time is a better game than Wind Waker.

My Zelda ranking

1. LTTP
2. LoZ
3. AoL
4. OoT
5. MM
6. LA and LA DX
7. WW
8. Oracle of Seasons
9. Oracle of Age

Never played the two CD-I Zelda games, though one of this day, I might try to look for it. There is also a satellite Zelda, that I never got a chance to play, I heard its fan recreation floating around somewhere on the net. There are also some mod of LTTP, that I am aware, but never actually gotten around to playing it.

Anyway Zelda are all worth playing.

Heh for myself , it go almost in order of how they came out . With majoras mask being after wind walker . although wind walker may move up depeneding on how much fun it is

Trawler said:
I thought everyone knew Turrican 2 was the best game ever? :rolleyes:

Love that game...

Anyway, Master Quest is kinda disorienting, since the maps are identical - just the objects within the dungeons are completely rearranged.

Also enemies get harder, faster... the first dungeon already has Giant flower things, and *FLAMING KEESE*... grr...

In all, it's much more satisfying playing through MQ's dungeons.

Couple gripes though:

1. Majora's Mask should've been on the disc. I see no real reason why it couldn't have been added.

2. Menus are SLOOOOOW. Couldn't they have imported the MM-style fast menus?

3. Dialogue that takes aeons to get through... STILL can't be skipped. Graaagh. I've read it three times on my N64, I don't want to have to wait through it AGAIN!

And... side note: Circuit City just got 3x cooler; their flyer in the Sunday paper listed it as a disc containing 'Ocarina of Time & Ura Zelda'.

And finally... the F-Zero video on the disc... RULES.

Back