Battlefield 2: Issues with GForce 6800

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Beholdereye, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Beholdereye

Newcomer

I just got a GF 6800 Vanilla to replace my Radeon 9600SE. Now I tried to up some of my video settings but then the connection to any server disconnects as soon as the map loads. Is this a known issue that hasn't be posted on the EA support site or what?

*NOTE*
    If I run the game on the Low settings I can get in just fine, but I figured the 6800 would allow me to do a bit better. (though CSS runs a better which is always important :D )

2. DSN2K

Newcomer

3. Beholdereye

Newcomer

1. Did it before the upgrade, and again afterwards.
    2. Did that when I put the new video card in.

:D

4. bystander

Regular

What sort of system do you have? I've had similar issues but quite infrequently where the game just drops out, I usually have to reboot my PC to fix it (for me I'm certain it's a network card issue). Does it do it if you play a singleplayer game?

5. Beholdereye

Newcomer

I did finally solve the problem. The drivers that you install for the video card are defaulted to Quality setting, for gaming you want to have it set to either Performance or High performance depending on the graphical intensity of the games you play. With BF2 and CSS you cang et away with just Performance, however; I think games like FEAR need set to High Performance.