Battlefield 1 4K no HUD real life mode video

lanek

Veteran
Real life mode in Battlefield 1. A very cinematic experience playing with the HUD completely turned off and colour correction. View in 4K 60FPS for best quality and wear headphones (video still a bit compressed anyway )

There's some truly amazing part, im maybe not so right with the aspect of shoots of aerial weapons ( make a bit laser ), but this start to shape really welll.

Forget about the graphics, i just can't get over how good Dice is with sound design in their Battlefield/Battlefront games. Hope this game supports Dolby Atmos like Battlefront too.

The only two things that stand out badly are the smoke effects in the distance, something messed up with the lighting:

2mwksy.jpg

Like in this part:

1ovkbh.jpg

And the AO which is always a bit underwhelming in FB3 games, although it's probably done to keep up with performance in the console ports to maintain 60 fps.

Last edited:
I suppose everyone wasn't running around with submachine guns in 1914. I'm a bit disappointed by the gunplay shown.

These games transform brutally horrifying wars into action packed fun and games. Nothing about them is realistic, the sub machine gun is just one of the thousands of historical transgressions. You miss the point.

Lets be honest, they have clearly decided to dont go forciby the road of "realism " of the WW1 war... But when i have read the first reaction when the game was announced as been in this period, im pretty sure that was the right direction to take. ( weapons was horrible to use, the war was mostly done in side trenchs and people was send in the middle for die miserably ). seriously, im pretty sure, if you dont want to do a dramatic game who look like a survival horror one, some realism of this period are better to been put aside for a franchise as BF. This said, they coud have do it, but without putting it in the BF franchises, more maybe on a singe player shooter, with a full dramatic story plot.

This said said, i find this version, closer of the BF1942 one ( not because the period ) of what we have seen on latest version.. I m maybe wrong, i have not been able to play it, but some parts clearly remind me of BF1942.

@Clukos, yes i have seen that too.. its pretty damaging for the eyes if you start to look about it.

This said, im pretty like the water drop, wet effects on weapons ( something around 4min20 in the video )

Its not perfect and not much new, but still.

Sans_titre2.png

Last edited:
No MP game would ever realistically depict a war, and neither has any battlefield or COD before this one. WWII, vietnam, iraq, etc were all horrible unecessary murderfests. A realistiv WW1 game would play more like minecraft. Digging holes 24/7 for weeks, eating cold soup on the same helmet you have to piss on sometimes, while the guy with disintery shits himself right next to you. Not very aplicable for a AAA blockbuster game. Would work for an indie title, but then say goodbye to the production values of this...

I was watching some video which I can't find anymore and the presenter was at first expressing his complaints about the weapons but he in fact did some research and late in WW1 these SMG weapons were indeed being used. Not all soldier types have them so not everyone is going to be running around spraying bullets everywhere.

I'm pretty sure they weren't hecticly running around like there's no tomorrow around the field capturing and recapturing bases by staying a few seconds in close proximity to each. Nor were tanks runing around that fast with pilots popping in and out of them like its a bike. This is not a war simulator. Its laser tag with a thematic skin. All AAA war fps's have been that since forever.
Really, why care about the overabundance of SMGs at this point?

I was watching some video which I can't find anymore and the presenter was at first expressing his complaints about the weapons but he in fact did some research and late in WW1 these SMG weapons were indeed being used. Not all soldier types have them so not everyone is going to be running around spraying bullets everywhere.

Battlefield games have always featured some really obscure weapons and even weapon prototypes that never actually appeared in the wars. I believe BF1942 introduced jetpacks in one of the expansions.

It's just a bit of a shame that automatic weapons feature so heavily in a war where bolt action rifles were such an overwhelming majority of the weapons used. Yet only 1 class has access to bolt action rifles (sniper). No other class has access to a bolt action rifle. At least so far in the Alpha. Hopefully that'll change before release.

That said the level of destruction is impressive. You can shoot off parts of the Zeppelin. Those parts will then fall to earth. If you are unfortunate enough to be under one of those parts when it hits the ground, you take damage and will most likely die. Also any buildings unfortunate to be hit by falling debris from the Zeppelin take damage and can be destroyed.

Regards,
SB

I'm pretty sure they weren't hecticly running around like there's no tomorrow around the field capturing and recapturing bases by staying a few seconds in close proximity to each. Nor were tanks runing around that fast with pilots popping in and out of them like its a bike. This is not a war simulator. Its laser tag with a thematic skin. All AAA war fps's have been that since forever.
Really, why care about the overabundance of SMGs at this point?
Because it affects my enjoyment of the game? I don't expect it to be a simulation, but some resemblance to the time period makes it more fun. Besides we have plenty of games with automatic guns. It would be interesting to play something else.

My point is, how does this one point affect your enjoymebt of the game when everything else on this game or any other mp shooter is also completely disconected from reality aside from aesthetics?

I don't know it just does annoy me? These things aren't exactly based on logical deduction? I want to shoot old shitty rifles in a WW1 game.

Lets be honest, they have clearly decided to dont go forciby the road of "realism " of the WW1 war...
My grandad, may he RIP was in WWI and he spent months in a single trench. I have utmost respect for what his generation gave but as a gamer I don't want a combat trench simulator. Not even with the 'extra mud' and 'cooking using a steel mug' DLC. :nope:

My grandad, may he RIP was in WWI and he spent months in a single trench. I have utmost respect for what his generation gave but as a gamer I don't want a combat trench simulator. Not even with the 'extra mud' and 'cooking using a steel mug' DLC. :nope:

Ah, but what if it included genuine authentic real life trench foot? :D And as limited time bonus, we'll include your best friend screaming out in pain in no man's land where no one can get to him without risk of being mowed down by machine gun fire!

Real life Mustard Gas sold as extra. Void where prohibited. Only while supplies last.

Regards,
SB

Ah, but what if it included genuine authentic real life trench foot? :D And as limited time bonus, we'll include your best friend screaming out in pain in no man's land where no one can get to him without risk of being mowed down by machine gun fire!

Real life Mustard Gas sold as extra. Void where prohibited. Only while supplies last.

Regards,
SB

VR at his best ? hé hé .

I love this stuff, you just can't make it up.

During WWI, observation posts were made to look like trees on the battlefield. They were quickly adopted to be used as sniping posts. At night they would move them forwards a few feet closer to the enemy line to get better lines of fire.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...re-fake-spy-trees-appeared-mans-land-WWI.html

Interesting, for sure. But more interesting is that the developers of BF1 actually considered implementing it into the game. Unfortunately, they decided not to. :( Found that out from one of the original invitees to the press alpha test who got a chance to talk with the developers.

Regards,
SB

IDuring WWI, observation posts were made to look like trees on the battlefield. They were quickly adopted to be used as sniping posts. At night they would move them forwards a few feet closer to the enemy line to get better lines of fire.
When technology is lacking human ingenuity will compensate! :yep2:

Back